I traveled to this hotel about a week ago with my husband and 14-month old. We stayed at a different hotel the first night, but spent 2 nights at the Harbor View hotel. We loved the location, but the hotel was so-so for what we paid.
Firstly, my husband and I both work in hotels and understand that you are expected to check in at or after check in time. Since we left from another hotel, it was about 11:30 when we arrived. I took a shot and saw if I could check in, explaining that I had a cranky 1 year old in the car. They said they had nothing, but would tell housekeeping to get something ready for us and would call us as soon as possible. I figured that was fair, and also requested a crib. We went to grab lunch and went shopping until my little one was at his breaking point so we went back to the hotel to see if we could get into our room yet. The same lady was there and said the same thing again - she would try to get housekeeping to get something ready for us. So we left again slighty disappointed and irritated trying to think what else we could do with a toddler that needed a nap ASAP.
Finally they called us and told us our room was ready. When I went to check in she told me I wasn't in the same building as the lobby, but had to cross the pool to another building - a building...with..no..elevator. I couldn't even find words to say when she told me this and that I wasn't even on the first floor. I just left with the room keys explaining to my husband that we had to get my son and all of his stuff up a flight of stairs each time we went out. Not fun at all. Plus having to carry him past the pool every time so he didn't fall/leap in :-/
Ok so the room. I still don't know if the floor was ever vacuumed before we checked in. I found crumbs and fuzz balls all over the place. Hair on the bathroom floor. Just not what I was expecting. The room seemed VERY old too. Especially the bathroom. It was so tiny. The worst part was, my son was playing on the floor and pulled a pair of ladies underwear from under one of the beds. He left them on the floor, and my husband asked if they were mine and I freaked.
We were in a rush to leave the hotel to go home so we didn't stop by the desk to tell them our issues but we called them and all they offered was 10% off a future stay. Hm. I don't think we will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Harbor View Hotel offers guests spectacular views of the harbor, Chappaquiddick Island, and Edgartown light house. The resort sits at the end of North Water Street in Edgartown where it has welcomed families and returning guests for more than 100 years. Only minutes from downtown Edgartown, that offers its' guests an array activities from biking, shopping, dining, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Harbor View Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbor View Hotel And Resort
- Harbor View Hotel Edgartown, MA - Martha's Vineyard
- Harbor View Edgartown