We stayed at the Harbor View for 3 nights in the Governor Mayhew building overlooking the pool. Our room was well-equipped and modern with two double beds, robes, coffee machine and refillable water bottles (not often found in hotel rooms, but surprisingly useful for taking on trips round the island!) The outdoor pool is very nice but was a little chilly. The main hotel building is lovely with views of the lighthouse, a terrace and a welcoming fire in the evenings. Location is great being about 5 minutes walk from Edgartown centre. We really enjoyed the breakfast in the restaurant. Having booked a bed & breakfast tariff we could order anything so we tried the Eggs Benedict, omelette, toast, fruit plate and juices. All very yummy! We found the staff to be very polite and helpful.
In Edgartown we went to Chesca's restaurant (a little pricey, but very good food) and were pleased to find the little cinema as this isn't a particularly lively place in the evenings! Would also recommend hiring bikes to explore the island as the bike routes are great. The buses are also very cheap to use.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Harbor View Hotel offers guests spectacular views of the harbor, Chappaquiddick Island, and Edgartown light house. The resort sits at the end of North Water Street in Edgartown where it has welcomed families and returning guests for more than 100 years. Only minutes from downtown Edgartown, that offers its' guests an array activities from biking, shopping, dining, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Harbor View Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbor View Hotel Edgartown, MA - Martha's Vineyard
- Harbor View Hotel And Resort
- Harbor View Edgartown