“Great location and great service in Edgartown” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Harbor View Hotel

Harbor View Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Edgartown
Littleton, Ma
“Great location and great service in Edgartown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

We celebrated my husbands birthaday as well. From the minute we walked through the hotel lobby door, we had nothing but wonderful service. Our room was a tad small but very adequate, the king size bed was comfortable and the veiw from room 413 in the Main building was spectacular. Todd the concierge, Amanda the young front desk lady, Keiko our maid and Lisa and Miceal D from the hotel restaurants (Henry's and Water St) as well as a few people I didn't know the names of were really great. They all catered to our every need with a warm and genuine smile and with seasoned experience in their respective positions.
Location was ideal, quiet and a short walk to the rest of the downtown. The only negative to our weekend was a greasy restaurant exhaust smell (only from 7-11pm) I could detected from our room at night time when the windows were open.The room was a little hot but with the windows open it was wonderful until the smell would permeate the room. This did not bother my husband only me but it wouldn't keep me from visiting them again.
The customer service at this hotel was terrific.

Room Tip: The extra $$ for the ocean view was worth it.
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

I stayed in Room #14 at the Harbor View Hotel to celebrate an anniversary weekend. I'll start with the positives. First, I liked the fact that our room was large and had a DVD player. The bed and pillows were comfortable. I thought the location was amazing and the hotel lobby was beautiful and clean; however, I can't say the same about our room. There were long hairs in the bathtub and on the bathroom floor. Also, the vinyl flooring on the bathroom floor was peeling and the layer below it was exposed. The service was also sub-standard. I arrived at 1pm and learned that the check-in time was 4pm. The front desk did not try to find us a room that was ready and available; nor did they offer to hold our bags until the check-in time.

Overall, I was underwhelmed, and the Harbor View Hotel will not be my first choice on my next visit to Martha's Vineyard.

3 Thank tatron
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

The Harbor View hotel is just beautiful. We stayed there in early April, so many things on the island were closed but there was just enough open to keep us entertained.

The hotel itself commands stunning views over Chappy and the harbour and is just a short walk (5 mins) to the centre of Edgartown.

The rooms are incredibly well kept and the staff very accommodating.

The four of us (all 27-31yrs old) had a fantastic time and highly recommend Harbor View as a place to stay.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Big_O_UK
Vineyard Haven, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

It was my husband's birthday and our stay couldn't have been more special. The staff went beyond accommodating and made every effort to insure our time was memorable. The room was luxurious and we really enjoyed our balcony and water view. We had evening drinks at Henry's (in the hotel) and walked to the center of town for a meal at The Newes (run by the hotel) and breakfast was in their lovely restaurant; good food with a view of the lighthouse. We recommend this hotel highly.

Room Tip: Stay in the main hotel, if you can.
Coppell, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

Great location on the water, but many rooms do not have a water view. Old motif but this is historic Edgartown on Martha Vineyard. The room was remodeled and adequate with all essentials and noteably clean. Very quiet during the night. Hotel staff courteous and polite. My visit was off season and the price was therefore discounted. I would recommend this hotel and stay again.

Room Tip: This was my first stay with a visit with relatives who live on the island and I did not have time to...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Robert A
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

This updated old timber building oozes character from another era.
Accommodation is spacious and whilst the floorboards may creak somewhat, it is modern in a time past shell.
Facilities are good and breakfast choices terrific.
Position is ideal just a stones throw from all the action of this village.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pjf000
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

We have stayed in room 301 and, let me tell you this, with five windows facing the beautiful harbor, staying in Edgartown is a luxury. There were many windows so that we could fully appreciate the beauty of it all, and since it was off season, everything was peaceful and quiet. I can't give my opinion about other rooms, but 301 is great.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edgartown
Mansion House
The Hob Knob
The Hob Knob
#1 of 11 in Edgartown
4.5 of 5 stars 410 reviews

Been to Harbor View Hotel? Share your experiences!