I have been to this hotel many times and it has not failed to please! In fact our last two vacations went so well, we extended our stay each time.
I rented the 2 bed-room cottage and the rooms were very clean and comfortable. I have been in these rooms multiple times and find no issues with cleanliness and comfort. The rooms are all very good sized with a kitchenette attached to the living room. If ever we had any issues, the staff of the hotel was quick to respond. For example, our fireplace had some issues with the pilot light and once I informed them of the issue, it was resolved immediately. Some days, I did not need housekeeping but needed some shampoo and soap, it was brough over to me very promptly. When housekeeping did work on our rooms, it was done in a very professional manner. My only issue, is the temperature controls can be alittle finiky given that the rooms in the cottages are sometimes in flux, meaning my 2-bedroom cottage can be converted to a 1 bedroom suite and a 1 room so the temperature controls takes time to acclimate to the settings we choose.
Restuarant - Bar
Water Street for breakfast was awesome. Service was friendly and attentive from the host and hostesses and the wait staff. The food was good, fairly standard menu items done very well. I did notice that the same order on different days can come out alittle different.
Henry's will share the same review concerning the staff with the exception of one bartender which works in the evening. He was not very friendly and didn't seem to care about the customers. When he did converse with us he had a fairly condescending tone.
Capital Doug Heil is awesome and a credit to the hotel, very informative and works extremely hard in order to find fun activities for my entire family to participate in. When on a trip with Doug he is very easygoing and knowledgable about MV. Go one a cruise with him... You will not be disappointed!
Front Desk and Concierge
No complaints here... Everyone was friendly and attentive and if any concerns or requests were brought to their attention, they quickly resolved them.
Safe to say I will be bacl next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Harbor View Hotel offers guests spectacular views of the harbor, Chappaquiddick Island, and Edgartown light house. The resort sits at the end of North Water Street in Edgartown where it has welcomed families and returning guests for more than 100 years. Only minutes from downtown Edgartown, that offers its' guests an array activities from biking, shopping, dining, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Harbor View Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbor View Hotel And Resort
- Harbor View Hotel Edgartown, MA - Martha's Vineyard
- Harbor View Edgartown