The Harbor View is a beautiful shingle-style hotel in a great location within easy walking distance to Edgartown. The public areas are gorgeous and the staff is helpful and efficient. The hotel restaurant is also good, albeit somewhat expensive. Where the experience fell apart for us was when we entered our room on the bottom floor of the Mayhew Building. We heard every footstep of the guests above us, late into the night. In addition, the bathroom was so ordinary as to be shocking (for the level of the property and the cost of the room). It had an all-in-one plastic tub and shower liner, one sink, and the amenities were not L'Occitane as stated on the hotel website. It just seemed like we had entered a parallel and not very attractive universe when we left the lobby and walked across the pool area to get to our room. If we ever go back, we will either have to pony up more money to stay in the main building I guess, or look elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Harbor View Hotel offers guests spectacular views of the harbor, Chappaquiddick Island, and Edgartown light house. The resort sits at the end of North Water Street in Edgartown where it has welcomed families and returning guests for more than 100 years. Only minutes from downtown Edgartown, that offers its' guests an array activities from biking, shopping, dining, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Harbor View Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbor View Hotel And Resort
- Harbor View Hotel Edgartown, MA - Martha's Vineyard
- Harbor View Edgartown