We recently returned from a visit to Edgartown and stayed at the Colonial Inn. Edgartown is not an easy place to find a good, "reasonably" priced room -- even in the off-season(November) but we thought we had found one at the Colonial Inn. Wrong! First, we were asked to pay the entire length of our stay over 4 months in advance.
Then, the "suite" we were promised turned out to be a tiny room (barely enough room for a bed and armoire) with a nice porch but a laughable in-wall "fireplace" that you could not even see from the bed. Finally, even though we used a local number for internet access we were charged $50 (!!!) for probably, no more than 2 hours use on the net. Needless to say, we won't be going back to the Colonial Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking Edgartown harbor and the historic waterfront district, this Martha’s Vineyard hotel is just steps from world class shopping and dining in downtown Edgartown. Guests gather on the welcoming porch and front garden square, share island experiences, and chat with the knowledgeable staff. Come visit and discover a mixture of "beach modern" style and warmth; an unexpected blend of history, popular art, spa services, harbor views and exceptional, upscale cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and Expedia so you can book your Vineyard Square Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vineyard Square Hotel And Suites
- Vineyard Square Hotel Edgartown
- Vineyard Square Hotel & Suites Edgartown, MA - Martha's Vineyard