All reviews stop and shop pancake machine continental breakfast no elevator martha's vineyard downtown edgartown attached restaurant coffee pot stay there again comfortable hotel first floor a king size bed main street rooms were very clean cleaning staff central location off season
Reviewed October 8, 2016 via mobile

Check in was Ok, my first thought was we had made a big mistake booking here. No one to help with luggage. No elevator, the halls were smelly like a badly run care facility. The room looked Ok. Bathroom needed alittle TLC. Very old. The employees during the day were more interested in chatting amongst themselves than answering any of your concerns. The bkft. room always needed to be stocked during the hours it was open. Only a gal named Mary seemed to really care. She was always refilling it for those that came a little later. Great gal! I definitely would book earlier but not.there again. Upon leaving my friend got welts all over her, from some kind of bite. I got. Them a day later and had to go to my doctor for.relief. Never again. Unsatisfactory.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
5  Thank Barbara W
Reviewed September 27, 2016

I spent four nights from September 20th. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was relieved to find the hotel in a good part of the town and conveniently located near restaurants and right next door to a grocery store. It is about a mile from downtown Edgartown and not far from roads pointing in every direction on the island.
Plenty of parking on hotel lot where you can park close in. I was able to park next to the front door on many nights.
I was on the second floor and was pleased with how easy the stairs were to climb. The room was large with a high ceiling, and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. The only downside was that the bed was a bit hard for my taste, so I didn't sleep as well as I'd like. However, I would still come back to this hotel.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
clarionmv, Front Office Manager at Clarion Inn Martha's Vineyard, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2016

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate your feed back and are glad you enjoyed the hotel. We hope to see you again soon.
We are conveniently located a short walk to downtown Edgartown. Our guest love being a little bit away from the crowds of the town, and being close to the Stop and Shop.

Reviewed September 19, 2016

Worst check in experience ever. Took over 45 minutes, after which we gave up and moved elsewhere at 6.30p.m. without two rooms previously booked. Receptionist did not know how to process credit cards. The Manager was not on the premises. The acting Manager was arrogant and unhelpful. No help with luggage. Interior of Hotel looked old and dirty and was smelly! All other negative reviews on this Hotel proved to be accurate.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank gthursfield
Reviewed August 28, 2016 via mobile

Before I arrived I had low hopes for this stay – I was happy to be proven wrong.
All the boutique hotels were sold out, so we booked at the Clarion. Yes the rooms and the interior left no doubt that it was a typical budget chain hotel, but they were perfectly functional and very, very large.

The location works--getting into the center of town was a an easy, quick walk, past some of the most beautiful homes in the country. There's a great restaurant on the property and many other tasty options in the immediate surroundings, including amazing lobster rolls (Edgartown Seafood Market and Edgartown Meat & Fish)

However, what makes this hotel outrate many other places I've stayed on the island was the staff, particularly Mary. Her knowledge of the local area as well as her generosity with giving great suggestions was outstanding. For example she gave me the terrific idea to go to gorgeous, peaceful beach in Edgartown that mostly locals from the surrounding neighborhood frequent. Best yet, it is a nice walk from the hotel.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Caroline W
Reviewed July 25, 2016

The Clarion Inn Martha's Vineyard was very clean and in a great location. The hotel has very attentive and professional staff. A great daily continental breakfast is offered that has many choices. I would recommend this if you're looking for a traditional hotel stay.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
clarionmv, General Manager at Clarion Inn Martha's Vineyard, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2016

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate your feedback. I will share your comments with our staff.