“VERY NICE ACCOMADATIONS”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Edgartown
Cape Cod, Ma
“VERY NICE ACCOMADATIONS”
Reviewed June 15, 2009

We stayed here for 2 nights for our Anniversary. We were on the 2nd floor and had a nice oversized room with cathedral ceilings. It was very clean, but I was disapointed in the rug. It was soiled and stained and the 2 chairs were also in need of a good cleaning...other than that I would highly recommend the Clarion House. We had quite a few restaurants within walking distance and Stop and Shop was right next door. Also, the room had a frig, and microwave. The one thing that was a alittle upsetting was
when we checked out there was an additional charge on our bill of $1.50 each night for SAFE W/LTD WARRANTY??? Didn't understand that at all. I know it was only $3:00 but it wasn't on my reservation. I guess I should of asked about it but didn't.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Connecticut
Reviewed April 30, 2009

We stayed on a Saturday for one night. The front desk lady was nice and the room was super clean and very quiet. We paid $103.97 AAA rate. It was so worth it!! Some nice touches in the hotel...curtains, etc. and breakfast was a complimentary continental breakfast. Would stay again :)

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
clarionmv, General Manager at Clarion Inn Martha's Vineyard, responded to this review, June 9, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I will be sharing your comments with our staff. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Vineyard.
gärdetsweden
Reviewed January 21, 2009

This was my last hotel in the States after a 5 state round trip,a real relaxing place with wonderful scenery.Loved everything about the place felt more europe than the states. Would recommend for romantic weekend break.

• Stayed January 2009
New York
Reviewed November 21, 2008

I have no complaints about the hotel. Overall it was as I expected. My disappointment is that I left an outfit in the room (I was only there for one night). Upon realizing my mistake a few hours later, I called the hotel. I was told nothing had been turned in. I tried again a few days later and still nothing. The only conclusion is that the staff kept my clothing. Can't trust them, so I won't stay there again.

• Disliked — Dishonest
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank LFB_NY

Travelers are raving about these Edgartown hotels

massachusetts
Reviewed October 1, 2008

There were 4 couples in our party and we checked in on September 19 2008 staying for 3 nights. We arrived a couple of hours early and were able to check in immediately which was great! The hotel is right next to the Stop&Shop grocery store but we went right by it the first time because the sign is so small.
There is plenty of parking and the hotel is a 2 minute ride or a 10 minute walk to Edgartown.
We had rooms on the second floor which were very nice & clean with cathedral ceilings. We had 2 queen beds, a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, hair dryer, iron, and a safe which was handy. The bathroom was huge and very clean too.
The beds were extremely comfortable, the best I've slept on, while traveling, in a long time.
The hotel has a very nice common area which has some chairs, sofa, computer, TV, and tables which we used for a gathering room. We were there some nights until after 10pm but were never bothered by the staff and we were quite loud sometimes.
Continental breakfast is served in the morning in this room which consisted of juice, coffee, cereal, muffins, and a few donuts.
All the staff were very nice and we all enjoyed our stay here very much.

• Liked — Very comfortable beds.
  • Disliked — Not close to any water.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
2 Thank yawl52
Medfield, MA
Reviewed September 22, 2008

I stayed at the Clarion Carriage House Inn last weekend and was very happily surprised by the room. The reason I was surprised is that the main reason I ended up staying there was that it was the only room I could find in Edgartown for that weekend. I am lucky that it worked out this way! I would definitely stay there again. The room was HUGE! I was in a room on the second floor and the vaulted ceilings made the room seem even more spacious. The hotel is walking distance to the main area of Edgartown and also has a bus stop and grocery store next door. They serve breakfast each morning which was also a nice plus. I was very pleased with my experience there.

• Liked — size of room, location
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank moxie08
Boston
Reviewed June 6, 2008

We stayed there for the Memorial weekend of 2008. It was great: probably the cheapest option in Edgartown, outside of a couple of run-down B&Bs, and nothing to complain about. The room was clean, well appointed, sunny, the staff super nice, the location good (less than a 10 min walk from downtown). It doesn't have the charm of a real B&B, but we were not willing to pay a $100+ premium (per night) to stay in a charming B&B. I would totally stay there again.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank tgs50
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edgartown
Mansion House
Harborside Inn
Harborside Inn
#3 of 4 in Edgartown
Vineyard Square Hotel & Suites

Been to Clarion Inn Martha's Vineyard? Share your experiences!