“Super Clean!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Edgartown
Connecticut
“Super Clean!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2009

We stayed on a Saturday for one night. The front desk lady was nice and the room was super clean and very quiet. We paid $103.97 AAA rate. It was so worth it!! Some nice touches in the hotel...curtains, etc. and breakfast was a complimentary continental breakfast. Would stay again :)

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
clarionmv, General Manager at Clarion Inn Martha's Vineyard, responded to this review, June 9, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I will be sharing your comments with our staff. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Vineyard.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
gärdetsweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2009

This was my last hotel in the States after a 5 state round trip,a real relaxing place with wonderful scenery.Loved everything about the place felt more europe than the states. Would recommend for romantic weekend break.

• Stayed January 2009
New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2008

I have no complaints about the hotel. Overall it was as I expected. My disappointment is that I left an outfit in the room (I was only there for one night). Upon realizing my mistake a few hours later, I called the hotel. I was told nothing had been turned in. I tried again a few days later and still nothing. The only conclusion is that the staff kept my clothing. Can't trust them, so I won't stay there again.

• Disliked — Dishonest
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank LFB_NY
massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2008

There were 4 couples in our party and we checked in on September 19 2008 staying for 3 nights. We arrived a couple of hours early and were able to check in immediately which was great! The hotel is right next to the Stop&Shop grocery store but we went right by it the first time because the sign is so small.
There is plenty of parking and the hotel is a 2 minute ride or a 10 minute walk to Edgartown.
We had rooms on the second floor which were very nice & clean with cathedral ceilings. We had 2 queen beds, a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, hair dryer, iron, and a safe which was handy. The bathroom was huge and very clean too.
The beds were extremely comfortable, the best I've slept on, while traveling, in a long time.
The hotel has a very nice common area which has some chairs, sofa, computer, TV, and tables which we used for a gathering room. We were there some nights until after 10pm but were never bothered by the staff and we were quite loud sometimes.
Continental breakfast is served in the morning in this room which consisted of juice, coffee, cereal, muffins, and a few donuts.
All the staff were very nice and we all enjoyed our stay here very much.

• Liked — Very comfortable beds.
  • Disliked — Not close to any water.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
2 Thank yawl52
Medfield, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2008

I stayed at the Clarion Carriage House Inn last weekend and was very happily surprised by the room. The reason I was surprised is that the main reason I ended up staying there was that it was the only room I could find in Edgartown for that weekend. I am lucky that it worked out this way! I would definitely stay there again. The room was HUGE! I was in a room on the second floor and the vaulted ceilings made the room seem even more spacious. The hotel is walking distance to the main area of Edgartown and also has a bus stop and grocery store next door. They serve breakfast each morning which was also a nice plus. I was very pleased with my experience there.

• Liked — size of room, location
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank moxie08
Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2008

We stayed there for the Memorial weekend of 2008. It was great: probably the cheapest option in Edgartown, outside of a couple of run-down B&Bs, and nothing to complain about. The room was clean, well appointed, sunny, the staff super nice, the location good (less than a 10 min walk from downtown). It doesn't have the charm of a real B&B, but we were not willing to pay a $100+ premium (per night) to stay in a charming B&B. I would totally stay there again.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank tgs50
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2008

My son and I stayed here for 3 nights in April of 2008 on the second last leg of our first ever 3 week, overseas holiday before moving on to NYC. We loved this place.

The staff were friendly, and the continental breakfast was more than enough. Our room had free internet access, TV, fridge and a microwave oven. The 2 double beds were huge and very comfortable. The bathroom appeared to have been recently renovated and was very functional and clean. The Clarion Inn, although close to the main road to Edgartown, was very quiet.. However, we were here in the off-peak season so who knows how it would be then?

After spending our days seeing the beautiful sights of Martha's Vineyard, it was a pleasure to come back to our room and relax. There is a supermarket across the parking lot and Edgartown is an easy 10 minute walk down the main street.

We had a wonderful holiday and I have some memories that will stay with me forever after being on MV. If I am ever lucky enough to return here one day, I will be sure to try and stay at the Clarion again.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank Mebollocks
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edgartown
Harbor View Hotel
#8 of 10 in Edgartown
The Hob Knob
The Hob Knob
#1 of 10 in Edgartown

Been to Clarion Inn Martha's Vineyard? Share your experiences!