Clarion Inn Martha's Vineyard
Vineyard Square Hotel & Suites(Edgartown)(Great Value!)
$245
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
The Sydney(Edgartown)(Great Value!)
$239
Ashley Inn Bed and Breakfast(Edgartown)(Great Value!)
$235
Kelley House(Edgartown)(Great Value!)
$259
The Christopher(Edgartown)(Great Value!)
$359
Hotels.com
Harbor View Hotel(Edgartown)(Great Value!)
$335
$299
The Hob Knob(Edgartown)(Great Value!)
$449
  • Breakfast included
Winnetu Oceanside Resort(Edgartown)(Great Value!)
$465
Pequot Hotel(Oak Bluffs)(Great Value!)
$159
Summercamp Hotel(Oak Bluffs)(Great Value!)
$209
All reviewsstop shopcontinental breakfastno elevatorroom safemartha's vineyardclean bathroomattached restaurantstay there againclose to downtownbusiness centertwo queen bedsyogurtfirst floorcleaning staffmicrowaveislandprinter
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Let me first start by saying that this was our second time staying at the Clarion. When we checked in we gave them our credit card as required . We told then that we would be paying with cash and some on our debit card ( not the card we gave them ). When we checked out, we gave them some in cash and he balance on our debit card. The total bill was $550.00. When we arrived home, we checked our debit card and found that they put a hold on it for $650.00, not the $550.00 we owed. In turn we ended up getting a charge on our debit card for insufficient funds. The charge was for $39.00. We called and spoke to,the Manager Jim. He told us to contact our bank about he overdraft charge. Not the answer we were looking for, since they were the ones to overcharge us. We tried going up the corporate ladder with no luck. We then checked our credit card that we gave them when we checked in. They charged us $550.00 on that also. So they charged us $1100.00 for our stay when it should have been $550.00. After another call to Jim, they credited our credit card back. All through this Jim was very rude and not helpful in any way. Being in the customer service business, I am very laid back when things go wrong. Accidents happen. When they happen, they need to be corrected. Jim would not help at all. He would not even consider crediting us the overdraft charge due to their mistake. Word of mouth is the best advertising out there. If you are reading this DO NOT STAY AT THE CLARION ON MARTHA'S VINEYARD YOU WILL REGRET IT.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
10  Thank Markstep
Reviewed January 1, 2013

There was nothing special about the place, but it got the job done. My room was less-than-great, but I wasn't worried because I wasn't there too long. I needed a place to stay and this place was my only option. My bed was extremely comfortable and it was hard to get up in the morning. The bathroom was smaller than most would probably liked and it was very uncomfortable for me personally. I was not a fan of the place and will not be returning. I'm not an English teacher, so please don't gripe about my grammar.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank trav3ler17
Reviewed December 28, 2012

A very clean, hospitable place to stay. I have stayed at higher priced places on the island and they were very worn and dirty. Staff very nice and accomodating. Son had to leave after the allowed cancelation time and the manager kindly let him get out of the second night reservation. It was also nice to have the continental breakfast ,since places were closed for the holidays. It is also a very nice continental breakfast. Although we did not get a chance to eat at the adjoining restaurant, it is nice to have it there. Will stay no other place when visiting my son!

Room Tip: If only need one bed ,it is nice to book the room with the couch for people to gather.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This a great place to stay on MV. Good central location. Very nice second floor room. The room was clean and spotless, the bed was comfortable, the amenities in the room were all good. They provide a nice continental breakfast in a sizable room. Rodrigo at the front desk was very accommodating and friendly as were the checkout staff. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Very good economical place to stay. We were there 4 nights. Our experience: comfortable beds, room was very clean and roomy with great bathroom and shower. Free, fast, WiFi, microwave, fridge; continental breakfast with great coffee. Free desktop computer use (in breakfast area) with free black and white printout. The staff was friendly and helpful. Location: a good walk from downtown Edgartown but my wife did it. Location also next door to shopping market with deli (Delicious Italian Subs at Shopping Market); also, one block or so from package store but no Yuengling there yet! We have stayed there before and would stay there again. By the way - AAA discount. Room was smoke free and not a convert to smoke free as in other hotels where one could smell the residual smoke covered by fragrant spray. Great room!

Room Tip: No elevator: Hotel has 2 floors. If accessibility is a problem, you might select first floor. We had a corner room (201), 1st room after steps to second floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple