Booked a large room with two Queen beds and was not disappointed. It was a bit pricey but overall good value. Room was clean, quiet and everything in working condition. The wifi is definitely a great plus! Location was good. There is a grocery store next door and a DQ across the street. It is a 15-minute easy walk to downtown. From the hotel and facing Main Street, you want to make a left to go to downtown. Staff was helpful with local information.
Please note that there is no elevator at this hotel. There is a safe in the room. There is no gym. A walk to downtown and back is about 1.5miles.
Transportation around town/island: Island's complimentary bus service (#11) stops outside the hotel (just about anywhere you needed it). It is a loop service between downtown Edgartown and just pass the Post Office square. Really convenient and seems to run every 10 min. Bus #1 and 13 stops just pass the grocery store (towards Vineyard Havens/Oak Bluff). Fare is between $1/pp and $2/pp depending on destination. Fare to Oak Bluff was $2/pp. Bus was convenient. We bought a day pass for $7/pp and went around the whole island! If you come in from Oak Bluffs, you can take the #13 bus and it will take you in front of the hotel. Just let the driver know and s/he will be more than happy to drop you off as close to it as possible. You can also take this bus to the "Jump the Bridge" bridge. Kids seem to have fun jumping off the bridge.
Food: Ate at Seafood Shanty (kind of pricey but expected. Good food. Service was a bit slow but we weren't in a hurry and got a table with a nice view of the harbor. At this meal, I learned that just because the lobster is bigger (2lb or more) doesn't mean there is more to eat...just a bigger head which is not edible by most and more expensive!. Go for the smaller one. Also ate at The Wharf on Main the next night which was good. The best meal we had was at the Edgartown Seafood. It's not a restaurant. It's seafood market but they can cook for you. Everything we ordered was cooked to perfection and super fresh. We took our food back to the hotel and ate at the dining. We had the best lobster - quarters ($9/lb) and fried sea scallops (comes in small/medium/large order sizes). We had the medium size (about 10 large scallops) and it was the best we have ever had. We were hoping to go back for dinner but we missed it by 10 min.
We visited Oak Bluffs which appears to be a little bit more touristic than Edgartown. And they don't have a Edgartown Seafood so I will have to stay in Edgartown next time.
We visited Aquinnah via the bus service. We had to change bus three times but it was easy and economical (used my $7 day pass)! In Aquinnah, we visited the light house and the beach. The view from the light house was awesome. The beach is great.
If I were to visit Aquinnah again, I'd definitely go to Memensha which is only 5-10min bus ride from Chilmark. You change to the #4 bus at the Chilmark Store (Vineyard Havens via Memensha). I had hoped to go to Larsen's Seafood Market after reading great reviews on Tripadvisor.
We stayed in MV for a day and half which was a bit short but gave us a taste of what it is like. Next time we will stay longer and definitely in Edgartown. I think it has better downtown with more shops and restaurants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A modern inn in a quaint old whaling port, the Clarion Inn Martha's Vineyard offers 34 LARGE modern rooms, each recently refurbished and appointed with full bath, king- or queen-size beds, cable TV with HBO, radio, telephone, microwave, refrigerator and air conditioning. Including Free: parking, continental breakfast, business center and faxes, high speed internet access wireless. On-site restaurant: The Grille on Main. Open year round. Located in Edgartown - the most elegant of the Vineyards six picturesque towns. As a guest of the Clarion Martha's Vineyard, you are uniquely positioned to enjoy all of Martha's Vineyard. Situated in Edgartown's business district, we are within walking distance of Edgartown's historic village center. From June to September the VTA makes regular stops in front of the hotel and then trundles onward toward the village and famed South Beach. A bike path connects us to the village, beaches, and the other island towns. In addition, our front desk can assist you with other island activities such as golf, fishing, kayaking, canoeing, bird watching, or where to see the perfect Vineyard Sunset. We look forward to making your trip to Martha's Vineyard an enjoyable and memorable one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Choice Hotels so you can book your Clarion Inn Martha's Vineyard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Carriage House Hotel Edgartown
- Clarion Edgartown
- Edgartown Clarion
- Clarion Carriage Hotel
- Clarion Inn Martha's Vineyard Edgartown, MA