My husband and I just came back from a weekend stay at the Charlotte Inn. It was more beautiful than on the website. The owners and staff were most attentive to our needs and offered us valuable information about the current activities on the island to help make our visit to MV more enjoyable. Everything they suggested from lunch to the museum was perfect..
The rooms at the inn were most comfortable and it was fun to see the dogs greet us upon our returns to the inn. Each room was warm and inviting and it was so nice to come back to the inn with the fire place glowing.
This is a definite must if you are looking for an English country home atmostphere. I know that we will return!
Pam and John Vasilik
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Listed as one of the "Top 101 Hotels in the World" by Tatler's 2012 Travel Guide and a long-standing member of the prestigious Relais & Chateaux small luxury hotel group, The Charlotte Inn is settled just a half block off Main Street and two blocks from the harbor-front in downtown Edgartown. Among 4 buildings are 17 guest rooms and 2 suites individually decorated with fine antiques in a wonderful English garden setting. The Charlotte Inn provides guests with what we consider the "ultimate luxury" - a glimpse back in time to a more peaceful and restful frame of mind. A visit to The Charlotte Inn - from an overnight or a week vacation - is an opportunity to escape from the hectic, rushed, technology and gadget driven daily routine and enjoy the simpler things life has to offer. With all that Martha's Vineyard has to enjoy as your daily playground - from beaching, boating, fishing, and sightseeing, to fine dining and shopping, to simply strolling along the historic whaling captain’s home lined streets along the harbor and down to the lighthouse, The Charlotte Inn offers our guests a relaxing home away from home to retreat to and an opportunity to cherish life's simpler times. Whether iced-tea on the porch with a good book, chatting with friends and fellow guests on a garden terrace, or enjoying a glass of wine by the fire with your companion in cooler weather, we hope that our guests embrace the opportunity to join us in the experience we work so hard to provide - a getaway from the stress and pressures of today’s fast-paced lifestyle and a chance to enjoy a peaceful reprieve in an atmosphere that is the perfect combination of elegance, luxury and comfort. Nothing satisfies us more than to provide our guests with this experience, and to watch them enjoy, unwind and cherish their time spent at The Charlotte Inn in the way that we prefer and as our adage suggests - "Behind The Times on Purpose". ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Charlotte Hotel Edgartown
- Charlotte Inn Marthas Vineyard
- The Charlotte Inn Edgartown, MA - Martha's Vineyard