“A nice night away from Edgartown proper”
Review of The Dunes

The Dunes
Ranked #39 of 69 Restaurants in Edgartown
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Enjoy a memorable, casual, and relaxed dining experience with a scenic ocean view at The Dunes (formerly Lure restaurant). We're located at South Beach, in Edgartown, at the Winnetu Oceanside Resort - away from the bustling crowds. Our Executive Chef creates high-quality, New American and seafood cuisine, inspired by local, seasonal, and sustainable ingredients. The Dunes is ideal for a special romantic dinner, yet friendly enough for the entire family. Enjoy your favorite cocktail and light bites in our lounge or savor your meal and drinks on our fabulous, outdoor deck - complete with a fire pit and ocean view. Take our complimentary, spectacular water taxi cruise from Edgartown directly to The Dunes, in-season. We offer plenty of free parking and can accommodate weddings, corporate meetings, and special events. In-season, we also offer a complimentary "Kids' Corner." Once your children are through with their meals, drop them off in our supervised Program and our counselors will entertain them with myriad activities - while you enjoy dessert or a cocktail on our deck. Open mid-April through late October. A Breakfast Buffet is also offered in the off-season.
Reviewed June 26, 2014

For the second straight year we've decided to venture out of the norm (aka the restaurants of downtown Edgartown) to the Winnetu Resort. They have a second floor restaurant and bar that is family friendly and reasonably priced. Where else can you drop your kids off to be supervised while you eat dinner?

For starters, we ordered a roasted veggie salad with beets, carrots asparagus, zucchini, peas, arugula, radishes and onions. Tasted very fresh, with ,ore than enough for two to share. It was topped with a balsamic reduction.

For dinner I ordered the shrimp scampi, which apparently ran out and was no longer offered that evening. My wife order the filet medium well, but ended up coming back medium rare. I ended up ordering the Atlantic salmon with ricotta and spinach roll ups on the side.

Drinks weren't bad, I got a Hendricks and ice tea, she ordered a Malbec for the vast wine menu. Note if you do order a "Dark and Stormy" they use Gosling and not Barritts ginger beer.

It's a great place to go even if you aren't on the resort. Definitely worth taking a drive to a place where you don't have to battle for parking.

2  Thank Paul G

Reviewed June 26, 2014

The service was the best we encountered on the island. The food was also very good. We had Shrimp Scampi and the Scallops. We were frankly quite surprised as usually hotel/resort food is overpriced and mediocre at best.

1  Thank Loribegood
Reviewed June 17, 2014

The food was excellent, fresh and local. The breads were amazing.
The service was attentive and sweet

1  Thank lizk55-11
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We ate here last night as we are staying at the resort. I heard that this was a place to go for foodies. We came all the way from Brooklyn, and my wife and I know a thing or two about good food.

We were both terribly disappointed. She ordered the mussels and I the halibut. The kids ordered from the kids menu and got Mac and cheese and pizza. The mussels were sandy and my "line-caught" halibut was not fresh at all. At $38, I left both hungry and disappointed. Don't they know how to clean mussels??? As for the kids menu, what a joke. I know it's a kids menu, but the Mac and cheese was not warm and not restaurant quality. The pizza was French bread with tomato sauce and melted cheese, I kid you not. After $100 tab, we left unsatisfied and feeling ripped off. A place for foodies? I think not.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

The good first: this place has a great view and the service is friendly and enthusiastic. Unfortunately, the food is not good. The lobster pot pie is so rich it's hard to get down and they can't make a good burger. Ok, it's the Vineyard and we should all be eating seafood, but if you put a burger on your menu, you should be able to make a good burger. The food sat in all our stomachs like rocks all night long. There's better food to be had on the Vineyard.

1  Thank ywnyny