“A satisfying breakfast buffet experience”

Water Street Restaurant at The Harbor View Hotel
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Several years have passed since I'd been to the Harbor View Hotel dining room, but I always want to pay a visit. This time for a Monday breakfast. Lovely hostess Ana greeted me warmly and fulfilled my desire to sit with a view of the lighthouse. Ana, from Macedonia, was surprised I'd been there. Christina, my server from Ireland, exuded warmth and caring.

I chose the full buffet and enjoyed the omelet custom made for me. Sampling the mini Belgian waffles, oatmeal (Christina heated my milk) and fresh melon, strawberries and pineapple served in a small canning jar provided a large delicious breakfast that lasted until dinnertime.

A negative was that my table was cleared when I had simply stepped away for another course. Graciously, Christina offered me fresh complimentary orange juice to compensate. Interacting with the young staff enhanced my visit. With a white tablecloth atmosphere, view, good food and service, this breakfast satisfied.

1  Thank PanoramaPoint

Reviewed June 3, 2014

this is a fine dinning restaurant. The food are pretty creative and delicious. They only use the local ingredient from the farm in MV island. You must try the food prepared by the main chef Nathan C. He is young and professional. The staff told me the ice cream are home made too.
The services are excellent and dinning environment is priceless because it's quiet, you can view the sunset facing to the water. Very cosy. If you have had enough city life style, then you need to dine in here.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Went to the restaurant a few nights ago with a friend. Had a great waiter. He was enthusiastic about the chef, the direction of the restaurant, the quality of the food and the kitchen. He made dining fun for us. I decided to come again a few nights later with my husband and another couple. It was horrible. The waiter was almost angry and hostile. The same lobster I had gotten 2 days earlier didn't even look like the same dish. The salad I ordered was saturated with salad dressing and tasted terrible. They mixed up our orders and I could go on and on. Never ever again will we step foot in the Harborview Hotel. So many great restaurants on the island…not this one. Customer service is CLEARLY not their priority. Felt the staff were their own club and we interfered with their evening. We are long time vineyarders…Never again...

Reviewed June 1, 2014

We went here for breakfast and found it to be very pleasant. The selection of menu items was exceptional. The server staff more than helpful. While we went during a non-high season time, the ambiance of the restaurant room is quite nice. Food is of very high quality. Nothing rushed about this visit. We will definitely return in the next month or two.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

Poor service from the time we arrived. Lost our order and after an hour when I questioned why we still weren't served they realized that. The blame was put on our young server but why didn't the manager notice that we were still waiting? It wasn't that busy. The room is small and dark. Would not return.