“A disappointment”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Poor service from the time we arrived. Lost our order and after an hour when I questioned why we still weren't served they realized that. The blame was put on our young server but why didn't the manager notice that we were still waiting? It wasn't that busy. The room is small and dark. Would not return.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

I dined here with family in both April and October. This restaurant is located in the Harbor View Hotel and features stunning views of Edgartown Harbor.
The staff is always super friendly and attentive. The food is great. You will find things you would expect for breakfast but a few items where some creative ingredients are used. Coupled with a great view, this is a perfect way to start the morning.

I will return and I recommend for all!

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Only enjoyed breakfast here, but it was delicious and reasonably priced. served in the dining room with ocean view, it was perfect to start the day with something hearty. Menu included lighter fare, and the portions were generous, with the waitstaff very attentive.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Belgian waffles with pumpkin ice cream. Farm fresh eggs with maple sausages and hot coffee. Love the view of Edgartown Lighthouse and the casual elegance and ship models on display.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

My family and I came here for the third year in a row to celebrate our Thanksgiving together. I always call super early to reserve and always request a table by the window (which they say they will note, but can't be promised) and the past two years we were fortunate enough to get one, but not this time. Still a great view though. It seems like this year they rented staff to bring in and our waitress had absolutely no idea how to open the two bottles of wine we ordered. It was uncomfortable the length of time she struggled (two separate times) and finally gave up to go have the bartender open. Just not what you would expect from a place of this caliber. The food was good, but all cold. My mom and I had the oyster stew, which was literally ice cold. Our reservation was for 3pm, so we thought it was prime time, but apparently not! The very last round my granma went up for was the only hot food at our table all night.
In years past, it has been less busy, educated staff, and great food, so we will be back next year, but if this continues, I know we will be looking for a new spot. Or cooking!