“The Newes - a nice place for a pub experience”

Newes From America Pub
Ranked #4 of 66 Restaurants in Edgartown
Cuisines: American, British
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner
new jersey
“The Newes - a nice place for a pub experience”
Reviewed September 2, 2014

My family and I had lunch at the Newes after we checked into our hotel. We were looking for a quick bite to eat. The Newes dates back to the mid-1700's so it's interesting to get a feel for what pubs looked like back then. It is a bit dark inside but you also have an option to sit outdoors. My son had the clam chowder there and he said it was the best he has ever had! I'm had the fish and chips. They brew their own beer so I definitely recommend trying it. Again, it adds to the experience. We had good service & it was a child friendly place.

• Visited August 2014

Pittsburgh
“Decent value for the island”
Reviewed August 28, 2014 via mobile

All restaurants in town are expensive but this seemed a bit more reasonable. We had the crake cake sandwich and pulled pork and both were very good. We were able to sit outdoors and it was lovely.

Visited August 2014
San Francisco
“Family friendly”
Reviewed August 17, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The restaurant accommodated our large group of 13 including kids. Large portions, good service, did not rush us. A nice place to break for lunch right in the middle of downtown.

Visited August 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Average food, below average service”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

There are many delicious and fabulous places on Martha's Vineyard. This is not one of them. The place is dark, the service (every single time) is terrible, and the food is nothing special. This is a place you go to because every other place in Edgartown is full. We were a party of six (four adults, and two kids), and were packed into a four person table. Cozy! On the bright side, we got seated right away!

My sister swears by the clam chowder, but I like to believe that a head injury as a child as impacted her taste buds.

Lobster roll is fine. Fish and chips are okay. Just totally average. If that's what you're looking for, go for it.

The waiter we had was a jerk. My mother has a foreign accent and he said to her, "I can't understand anything you're saying." Then turned to my sister and said, "What did she say?" He then proceeded to ignore my mother for the rest of the meal. We had everything from exasperated sighs, to eye rolls, to being completely ignored. Well done, sir. He looked like he'd rather have been slamming his hand in the door than serving any of the tables. Even the table next to us commented on how terrible the service was.

• Visited August 2014
Concord, Massachusetts
“Good food, but we were forgotten”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

A good stop for a more casual meal. This time, however, the waitress forgot us over in the corner. Appetizers were free.

Visited July 2014