“Just what we were looking for for lunch on a cold but sunny day”

Newes From America Pub
Ranked #5 of 69 Restaurants in Edgartown
Cuisines: American, British
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed May 9, 2013

The small patio invited us to stay and we had a great pub lunch and a glas of vine and our son a sampler rack of beer which i found amazing. I have never seen that in Europe. Food quality was good and service was naturally friendly and the restrooms above average. Also the wings oserved on the next table looked great. Will order them the next time if I get back to Edgarstown. Its nice but, not overly fancy, as it has this reputation in Europe. Glad to see MV is also for normal people.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Not exactly a dive bar but this is where a local told me he ordered fish and chips. It was excellent. Large pieces of fresh Haddock and chips cooked crisp and perfect. The Tartar Sauce was to die for; order some extra to eat with your fries.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a Saturday night dinner here while on a business trip. The pub atmosphere was charming and cozy. Our waitress was very nice, attentive and polite. The food was very good and the beer menu extensive. We shared some wings to start, which I would recommend. I had the pulled pork and my husband had the steak bomb, which were both very good. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking to have a nice casual dinner in a rustic pub setting.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

The fish and chips here are fantastic (the piece of fish we received was far larger than we expected and not greasy in the least), the burger was great as well. When you combine the food with superb local beer (Offshore Ale), and the "old English Pub" atmosphere, it's an award winning combination. It should also be noted that even with a large crowd the waitress was very attentive and friendly. The one challenge is parking: even in the "slow" season you can expect a short walk, so I imagine in the busy season parking will be a bit more of an issue. That being said, the location is close to other interesting shops and some great harbor scenery: enjoy the stroll on the way to lunch/dinner.

1  Thank Pennysmart
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Great dining room withmfire and live music on friday night. We went with two small children and our server was terrific in suggestions and timing things for the kids. Good options for draft beers. I had the BLTP and it was surprisingly delish... The fish and chips were awesome too. Casual place.