“Average dinner, good service.”
Review of Square Rigger

Square Rigger
Ranked #33 of 69 Restaurants in Edgartown
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 15, 2011

We ate here for our only dinner in Martha's Vineyard. I would say it was just average overall. My mom and grandma both ordered the pasta primavera which came with side salads. The pasta dishes were HUGE. They could have shared the dish and still had some left over. It was jam packed with veggies. Based on the size, I was happy I settled on getting the app portion of pasta and the crab cakes. Both were average - the pasta sauce wasn't anything great. Neither my mom or I were too happy with the wines we drank. The atmosphere was exactly what you'd expect for a 'New England' feel in the restaurant. The server was very friendly and prices normal for what you'd expect in the area.

Reviewed October 31, 2010

This restaurant has been in its location just out of town where the main roads form a triangle for many years. It is attractively decorated and comfortable. We were told to go there for the best swordfish (most of Menemsha is closed). I had a very good swordfish with no choice of vegetable and only a choice of rice/baked pototoes. My husband enjoyed the filet mignon tips which were delicious and ample for two. Butternut squash was too sweet and not paletable with the fish, and probably did not sit well with the filet mignon either. Rice dry and tasteless. Salad average. I would not choose to eat there on another visit to Martha's Vineyard

Reviewed September 11, 2010

This was one of the best meals that I’ve ever eaten!!! The Baked Cod with white wine cream sauce was incredible – tender, flavorful, and the cream sauce was amazing! Cocktail selection was good & Mojito was perfect. Everyone in my group of family & friends LOVED their meals (incl. sea & land lovers alike). For the kids, they offer a smaller portion at reduced price & were extremely accommodating of preferences. The atmosphere is exactly what you’d want of a fine restaurant on the Vineyard – quaint old tavern, ‘special night out’ ambiance, & people simply relaxing & enjoying themselves. Our waitress was helpful, charming, & contributed to a wonderful night out. The Square-Rigger will be a ‘must stop’ for us when on the Vineyard. What a gem!!!

Reviewed August 13, 2010

Good seafood and steaks in a very comfy environment. We sat in the cozy fireplace room and our server was friendly and efficient. Solid American food and a fairly good value for Martha's Vineyard. The parking lot is also an advantage in Edgartown.

Reviewed August 12, 2010

open all year. Very nice menu. we have had diner there for the last 16 years.very good!