Chesca's Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 10, 2013

This place had a lively vibe and we were drawn in by the wonderful garlic smells as we were walking by.

Our meal was just so-so. I was surprised that they used paper napkins at a restaurant in that price point. The bread was good, and my husband and I shared and thoroughly enjoyed the grilled hearts of romaine salad. We both had pasta dishes and neither stood out. I thought it was pricey for what it was.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Excellent lobster risotto, lobster ravioli.. you get the idea. the bread and overall very nice. the island doesn't seem big on reservations ahead of time. only for parties of 6 or more. So basically on a busy weekend it is a long wait for your table. long line just to get to the bar for a drink while wait..

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have eaten dinner here a handful of times over the years, and we always leave "scratching our heads" because this restaurant always seems popular and crowded, but the food and service is mediocre at best -- and certainly not worth the expense. While the prices are not totally out of line with other "upscale" MV restaurants, the food, service and ambience are not "upscale" and do not justify the high cost. Our most recent visit was this past August, with our teenagers, after seeing a movie around the corner. While our appetizer salads were "fine," our entrees were borderline unpleasant -- e.g., overdone chicken and tasteless pasta. Our main waiter was personable and courteous, but one of the other servers dropped tableware on my arm and repeatedly spilled water everywhere while pouring it. It definately will be "many years" before we return. . .

Reviewed September 2, 2013

If you want fine dining, a really nice service staff and great food this is your place!

We have been coming for the past six summers and are not disappointed.

We normally go with a party of 10 and they accommodate us every time.

The bar is a bit small and last visit in July 2013 they had just one bartender... so it took a while to get our drinks. Well worth the wait and very friendly.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We always make it a point to eat here at least once a season. Such was the case last night when we were able to score a table as a walk-in. Service is attentive and the food perfect. There warm bread with homemade hummus, olive oil and butter deserves kudos! My appetizer called Shopska was made with local vegetables and was the correct portion - not too big or small to ruin an appetite. Both my husband and I got the Pan seared Halibut which was done to perfection, My portion was too large to finish so my husband polished it off for me. My niece had the Japanese Bento Box and raved about it. No point in going out to dinner if you don't have dessert, right? We all got something different, Dark Chocolate brownie with Cappuccino ice cream topped with whip cream for me, Key Lime Pie for my husband and the snowball for my niece. We were supposed to share but when we looked up - everyone's was gone! The menu choices are many and I have never been disappointed with my choices!