“Fabulous food- aloof service”

Chesca's Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 67 Restaurants in Edgartown
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Seattle, Washington
“Fabulous food- aloof service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

Chesca's has a terrific menu of seafood selections. I ordered the lobster ravioli with sea scallops and it was perfect. My husband ordered a mixed seafood entree in a red sauce and said it was equally delicious. My only complaint would be that our server was disinterested, at best. Both the hostess and the busperson were friendly and welcoming but the server behaved as if she would rather be doing anything but her job. Not a good representative for such a great restaurant.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank MJoan66

Mass., USA
“1st Night Vineyard Tradition”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

For some reason every year we begin our first night of vacation at Chescas. There is something about going into Edgartown the first night and begin to get that island, vacation vibe. We usually never make a reservation and often sit at the bar. This year we got there about 7:15 and I thought we may have difficulty getting a seat but the bar was wide open and the sofa seats around the bar were open too, By the time we left it was packed. The bartender being extremly busy was not annoyed with having to serve us dinner at all. We started by splitting a greek salad which was more then sufficient for the 2 of us. My husband had his traditional dish of Frutti di Mare less the scallops and I had a delicious salmon dish which I beleive was a special. Sometimes I waffle on salmon dishes but this was amazing. All in all a great start to the vacation.
Enjoy a cocktil on the porch with rocking chairs. Also enjoy the setaing on the side porch. Doesn't get more Vineyard then this.

• Visited August 2011
Detroit, Michigan
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

My cousin, who lived on the island when she was younger, took us here for dinner on a Saturday night. We arrived at 8pm w/out a reservation and the wait was 1.5 hours. We spent the time touring the shops in downtown Edgartown, and then came back and enjoyed a few cocktails at the bar. There is a very nice porch area with rocking chairs, but we could not get a seat here as it was much too crowded.

Dinner was outstanding. I shared an order of the Lobster Ravioli and Seared Sea Scallops and ended up wishing I had gotten an entire entree for myself. The Lobster and Asparagus Risotto got two thumbs up from a native of Rome, Italy, and my cousin really enjoyed the White Clam Sauce over Angel Hair Pasta.

The only disappointment of the evening was the desserts! We had two orders of the Cannoli and the Cake & Ice Cream. It takes A LOT for me to not finish a piece of chocolate cake, but that's exactly what I did - not worth the calories. The cake was dry and tasted as though it had been previously frozen - not fresh at all. Nobody in the group cared for the Cannoli either, as the ricotta filling was grainy and not very flavorful. Even though the desserts were a disappointment, this didn't detract from the amazing dinner, good service, and wonderful atmosphere. We had a great time!

Visited August 2011
1 Thank Cavallina48390
Phila PA
“Beautiful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2011

My boyfriend & I went to this restaurant based on the fact that they had halumi cheese n the menu - I'm Greek - and very few places serve it. We didn't know what to expect and was wonderfully surprised! If you go before about 7 pm then you can get a table no problem, otherwise there is about a 30-40 minute wait. I ordered the Halibut and my BF ordered the paperdelle. The chef brought out our meals and answered a few questions that we had. The portion was very large and I had a hard time finishing it. The only negative was that our waiter was not very attentive as my BF's wine glass was empty after the appitizers and the chef was the one to notice and get it filled. People were dressed both casual & dressed up. Overall a wonderful meal - we will definately go back!!

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank ArleneG43
Holden, Massachusetts
“Deliciously worth every penny...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2011

My husband and I go every summer to Chesca's for dinner... Usually alone but tonight ventured with my parents. My father is the finickiest of eaters... He found something to eat easily and loved every bite. We would highly recommend the Lobster Ravioli and Beef Tenderloin as well as the Clam Chowder for an appetizer. Can't wait for next summer so we can go back!

• Visited July 2011