“Beautiful Location, Friendly Staff, Good Food & Drink” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Seafood Shanty

Seafood Shanty
Ranked #2 of 67 Restaurants in Edgartown
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Sushi, Soups
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Scenic view, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Join us for delicious dining on the beautiful Edgartown Harbor.
Warwick, Rhode Island
“Beautiful Location, Friendly Staff, Good Food & Drink”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

My wife and I popped in for a few drinks and so I could get something to eat. Not being a seafood fan, I ordered a cheese burger which was very good and cooked exactly to my liking. The bartender was very upbeat and entertaining. We had a great time and would highly recommend it. We can't wait to visit again during our next trip to Martha's Vineyard!

• Visited September 2011

New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Least professional staff of all time”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2011

Sat at the bar and got zero attention from the bar tender who acted like we were bothering her anytime we asked for anything- even though we were the only customers she had sitting there. to say the service was inadequate would be an understatement. Grossly pathetic would be a better way to describe. Tried to alert the management to the problems we were having but they were just as incompetent as the staff they had hired. Left and went down the street to the wharf where they actually pleasent and grateful to have us spend money there instead.

1 Thank NY_fl824
MA
“Fantastic View, food and Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2011

My Husband and I had a wonderful lunch today at the Seafood Shanty. We always sit at the upstairs bar, since the view is so wonderful to see all of the boats coming and going. We have been here many times, and the food has always been excellent -- mussels, chicken sandwich, clams, salads and of course, the bloody mary's are always a great choice. The GM Luis Arias always comes by to check on everything, is very visable and my husband always wants to see what watch he is wearing..a wonderful GM! Wait staff has always been pleasant! Best place in Edgartown as far as I am concerned!

Nashville, Tennessee
“Fun Place to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

Went for dinner here on my vacation and was seated on the upstairs outside deck. the view was wonderful and the whole experience great. I got a seafood fettucini that had lots of seafood in it and was delicious. After I was done eating and deciding on a dessert or after dinner drink, a waitress went by with the most unbelievable looking drink iv'e ever seen. I asked her what it was and was told that it is the signature drink of the Shanty. It was " The Best Bloody Mary Evah ". I had to have one . It was $15.00 but..... it wasn't just a drink, it was a drink and another meal. It was a really good bloody mary and topped with 2 huge shrimp and enough veggies to give you a high score on that silly V8 ad, celery, huge olives and more (pic attached below).
All in all it was a great meal and it was a fun place to eat with a great atmosphere and I will definately go back next time im on the Vineyard.

Hampton, Virginia
“Very warm welcoming by the GM Luis Arias, excellent food & experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

We stopped by for a lobster roll our last day on the Island. We were pleasantly seated on the roof top dining area. Our food orders were promptly taken by the very helpful and pleasant waitress. Food was superb and the atmosphere/ view overlooking Edgartown Harbor and Chappaquidick Island was breathtaking. . It was especially nice when the GM Luis Arias dropped to inquire of our food and experience at The Seafood Shanty. I would advise anyone dropping in on Edgartown Harbor to stop and dine at The Seafood Shanty and enjoy a Lobsta Roll and the view.
Ed Toomey,......Hampton, Va