“birthday dinner”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Fairfax, Vermont
“birthday dinner”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

This was our first time in mv and the Warf was suggested by a friend , who is a local to dine at the there for my husbands 30 th birthday dinner ! We had a great dinner , lobster was cooked perfectly , the sides could had been a little more creative ... but they were fine . Our waitress was very attentive to us and our young son ! Just forgot to mention specials ... Very kid friendly ! Overall great night , only complaint , my husbands drink was not authentic to what he ordered . The an fashion was watered down and off on taste .

PA
“Off Season Visit”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Recently spent the day on the Island and had lunch here. We wanted a seafood meal and this restaurant did not disappoint us. While the Island was somewhat deserted, this place was filled for a weekday lunch and the food was great!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good Local Spot”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

A local pub…

Before we made our trip to MV, we searched out some of the local spots so we can enjoy a nice bite to eat. One of the places that caught our eye was The Wharf Pub & Restaurant. My wife and I love to grab a nice bite to eat at a local pub. It’s a great way to gauge the local scene.
We visited The Wharf Pub and chose to sit at the bar, at this time of the year, it was one of the few local places opening (we were aware of this). Our bartender was Adam and he did a nice job taking our orders. He went over the menu, provided the specials, everything you would expect a bartender to do. As we were enjoying our drinks the bar was slowly getting busy with local friends/locals. To some degree, it appeared to be out of a Cheers episode, with everyone knowing each other. When this occurred, we truly felt like strangers.

The food was filling and the beverages were tasty.

When visiting MV, I would recommend eating here it is a nice place to visit and grab some pub food.

My negative but would not keep me from coming back:
If you are looking for a warm and comforted place to be welcomed, this is not the place for you. With the Cheers atmosphere in full swing with language flying everywhere (not offended, just pointing it out) I would think the staff would be aware of the diverse crowd. We were new in town and we always look for places to go under the radar and tried to ask, with no luck. We did actually have someone sit next to us who was seasonal worker who was very friendly (Nick) and gave some great ideas to enjoy the rest of our trip. But, it was weird to have a seasonal worker who welcomed us versus a local. Maybe we just stood out too much. Who knows!!!
But, as stated, if I was to go back tomorrow, I would still visit and grab a bite to eat.

2 Thank Chillaxin71
Dennisport
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good”
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

Good place for good and drinks. I was on the Vinyard for a weekend and we chose to get appetizers and a drink or two. Food is decent. Not the best but far from the worst I will definitely go again but choose something else other then what I had.

London, United Kingdom
“Lively atmosphere, good service, good food”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stopped in for a drink, mainly because it was the only place we could find in an out of season Edgartown! Initially a little put off because there was a lot of burly chaps outside the door smoking (we were two out of town girls!) but in we went and were nicely surprised. The bar lady was friendly and made us feel at home at the bar and the atmosphere in the bar was really nice - lively enough, but without being loud. We then went into the restaurant next door for some dinner and the food we had was good - nothing amazing, but definitely solid american fare that really hit the spot of what was needed.

• Visited March 2014