“Sensational meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Alchemy

Alchemy
Reserve with OpenTable
Alchemy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 67 Restaurants in Edgartown
Cuisines: French, American
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Alchemy Bistro & Bar, featuring Chef Brian Woods and his team, is open nightly from 5:30PM. Reservations are highly recommended and are best made by telephone.
Australia
“Sensational meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

My wife and I both ordered the pork and an extra side of Brussels sprouts .It was sensational .The wines by the glass were reasonable .We chose to eat at the bar which quickly filled up after 7pm .
It was a Monday night in the off season and the patrons kept rolling in .This place comes recommended with every local you speak to and we would do likewise .

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Pete056

Toronto
“Recommended”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

Contrary to Love2Escape's experience, we found the (youngish) hostess friendly with a sense of humour, the waitstaff very helpful and accommodating, and the prices fair. Parking in Edgartown can be a problem (putting it mildly), but at around 6 PM early in October we could have parked right in front of the restaurant had I not chosen to play it safe and take an earlier parking opportunity about a 100 m before reaching our destination.

The restaurant made a good impression from the outside with good lighting and white tablecloths. Unfortunately, upon being seated, I discovered that the white tablecloth was covered with four (4!) layers of white paper. My wife regretted not having brought our crayons.

OK, so that was not so good, but what came afterwards more than made up for it. My wife's chicken was tasty, plentiful and well presented. I ordered the cod, and since I am particular about what cooks (aka chefs) sprinkle and spray on the main point of my meal, the waiter offered to serve the fish on a separate plate instead on top of everything else. Great! The cod was perfect, and the rest of the meal only less so because it had not been reheated long enough.

If I ever make it back to Edgartown, I'll eat here the day I arrive.

• Visited October 2013
Huntington, New York
“Didn't go this year and we miss the GREEAT Food & STAFF”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

This is one of the finest restaurants on M.V. Superior food, a bit pricey but well worth it, but above all,,,,GREAT Staff. We hit M.V. every year about the same time and have always scheduled a dinner here. We have NEVER been disappointed. The food is fabulous! The atmosphere is fabulous! The staff, you couldn't find a better gang of Merry men & woman!
Over the last 4 years we have tried every entrée and app on the menu. Nothing bad here folks!
Spent a few extra bucks and treat yourself to a great night.

• Visited September 2013
New York City, New York
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great restaurant with great food and atmosphere! We sat downstairs and enjoyed some people watching while munching on some great apps and main courses. Highly recommend eating here!

Visited August 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fine Dining in Edgartown”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful dinner in this restaurant. We had a great appetizer (fried Brie with heirloom tomatoes in a balsamic vinaigrette) and two outstanding entrees (soft shell crabs and halibut). We enjoyed it so much that we returned a few days later with 5 relatives/friends. Everyone loved their meals, and the service was outstanding. If you want to go to a restaurant that knows how to cook and serve meals, go to the Alchemy!

• Visited August 2013