“Well executed food in cozy environment”
Review of Atria

Atria
Ranked #8 of 69 Restaurants in Edgartown
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 27, 2009

A number of other reviewers mentioned that the waitstaff were standoffish - I can see how they might feel that, but I think the servers were just a little more formal than most on the island. We were very happy with our server - attentive, polite but not too over-friendly and gushing.
The food was superb. We had bay scallops and a braised shortrib and the panacotta/raspberry for dessert. We're still talking about it now - almost a week later.
We ate downstairs in the cellar bar - this is definitely the place to be for atmosphere - upstairs for something a little more elegant or romantic.
Highly recommend. I'm glad I listened to the person that told me to go here.

Reviewed August 4, 2009

Atria seems completely devoted to making you comfortable and happy. The room sparkles, they serve with confidence and elan, and the menu is eclectic, fun, and satisfying. The service we received and observed around us makes me totally skeptical about some of the other reviews below about sneering waiters and other abuses. By the way, there was a nine-year old girl at the next table enjoying her birthday dinner and our waiter obviously did everything he could to make her feel special! Go there and enjoy...

Reviewed August 1, 2009

My wife and I had dinner at Atria July 24th, and both the service and food was incredible. It is hard to imagine anybody not enjoying it, unless they were just looking for problems.The ambiance was great, and my wife and I are still talking about the dinner. Hats off Atria and thanks for making our vacation special.

Reviewed July 15, 2009

We ate one amazing meal at Atria, and decided that wasn't enough. We were back two days later. The food is out of this world. Service was great, too.

Reviewed July 7, 2009

WORST RESTAURANT EVER! And it's such a shame, as we have been coming to the Vineyard for years and years and years, and always loved this place. Even now, a year later, we are still waiting for the owners to contact us to discuss the abhorent treatment we received, but I guess their customers just aren't that important to them!
I went to dinner there with my husband and my mother in law, who is a television producer (see http://www.thewifts.com/Press_Agran.html). After lovely wine and salads, the entrees proceeded to arrive, two of which were freezing, one of which was warmed. We asked for this to be remedied, and the two cold ones came out exactly the same, and the other one was told to us to be extremely hot. However the food was still lukewarm, but the plate had obviously been put directly under the broiler and the plate alone (no food!) was scalding. A 24 year old 'manager' named Nathan came out to see what could be done, obviously he had not been schooled in the treatment of unhappy customers. He pushed the bill upon us, telling us we had to pay. We informed him we would be delighted to pay for the wine and appetizers, but as all three of us were unable to eat, and it was then 10pm, why in the world would we pay for the entrees? In a rare and relatively unheard of worst management style ever, he called the police. Yes, you read it right. The police. Stop laughing. The policeman, also barely out of college, arrived with an older policeman. The older one kept apologizing to us about how horribly we were being treated, while the younger one, who obviously thinks that Grey's Papaya was a treat, informed us we should pay, which of course we did, laughing all the while at poor Nathan and wondering why on a Saturday night there was no management there. By the way, the chef came out to speak with several 'well endowed' women at several tables, who were obviously there on a girls nights out, and didn't even stop ONE TIME to see if we were being attended to after our horrendous meal. We left every contact detail you can think of for the owners to get back to us, emails, phone numbers, the place we were staying, etc. No contact whatsoever. Even went back to drop off my husband's business card to make it even easier for them, I guess that tv producers, presidents, CEOs, and the like aren't wanted at their establishment, and aren't important enough to deal with. Luckily for us though that my husband golfs with the restaurant reviewer at New York Magazine and used to be a director at Gourmet magazine. And this summer we are back on the Vineyard, and we continue to make sure that no one we know risks the treatment we received. Apparently we're not the only ones who have received such treatment. Good luck to you, Atria, you need it!

5  Thank meginuk