“MAGIC burgers = Heaven.”
Review of Atria

Atria
Ranked #6 of 69 Restaurants in Edgartown
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Seriously probably actually the best burgers my husband & I have ever eaten. We went here on the recommendation of a friend who said the same thing. We ordered the Fast Eddy (..mild heart attack on a plate, with cheddar, bacon, fried egg, and avocado), and Dante's Inferno (poblano, pepperjack, avocado, salsa)-- I've also heard the Atria classic is good, as well as the shrimp burger. Oh did I forget to mention the truffle fries? And the photo booth outside the bathroom? The only comment I will make was my 8oz diet coke was $3.50! Anyway we'll be back!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Atria has two distinctively different dining experiences. Upstairs; the more formal fine dining restaurant. Downstairs; the Brick Cellar Bar. We love both...we admit it freely. Last night, we opted for the casual, and sat at the bar. Service was prompt and friendly, A great martini, a very good wine list (ample by-the-glass selections) and a menu that's pubby..but upscale pubby for sure. They're also known for their truffle fries which are irresistible. In addition to an interesting dinner menu, there are several burger choices..all ranging in the mid teens to $20 range, all served with ample accompaniments, and so far...all delicious. It always reminds me why I loved burgers in the first place. If you're hesitant to order the rather expensive burgers as you're perusing the menu, that fear will disappear by the time you've waded through the first half of your meal. This is a very good restaurant, with very good food. Go...enjoy...we always do. One note...since the Vineyard is a seasonal destination, much of the waitstaff comes from other parts of the world; many from eastern European locations. We read an earlier review that indicated the wait staff was "arrogant"..and I'd submit they are simply less likely to be as "bubbly" as we Americans are used to. Engage them; behind those more solemn exteriors are some fascinating young people, with wonderful stories.

2  Thank chuckiek
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We went during shoulder season. The more formal dining area upstairs are not yet open. We dined in the basement, more like a bar. Ask for a quiet area away from the bar. We were seated in a cute corner. The menu was exceptionally creative. The tuna appetizer blew our mind away. Where else would you find a shrimp burger? The window seats on the first floor, though not open, seem very romantic. Service was efficient and friendly. Very reasonably priced (at least for the downstair dining area). There is free parking and a cute photo booth.

1  Thank tacz
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We ate in the Brick Cellar Bar as the upstairs restaurant is closed until mid May - not that you are made aware of this. We had booked a table and were shown downstairs, the "pub" was absolutely jam packed with diners cheek by jowl. We enquired (three different waitresses) if we could change tables as my husband's chair was constantly being jolted by diners and staff alike as they tried to squeeze through a narrow gap. The table was also very small for two people and we constantly had to shuffle glasses etc. around to make space for food.
Eventually after nearly 15 minutes (we had not even been offered drinks by this time...) we got a very frosty reception from an older waitress who blithely told us "it's been like this for 13 years" - not the sort of attitude which is constructive. This choke point is well known and yet they do nothing about it. They won't open the upstairs restaurant even when they know they have rammed diners in to the "pub"- may dent their profits a little!
This bossy school marm could, and should have dealt with this so much better - how about saying have a glass of wine on the house? She then thought (having told us nothing could be done!) that we should speak to the manager - why does she think we should spend our one evening in Martha's Vineyard doing that when we had spoken to three members of staff who all said nothing could be done? It was totally unacceptable and unnecessary.
They also need more waitresses.
Food was actually very nice - delicious salad with lovely gorgonzola, hazelnuts etc. and lovely swordfish although I must say I have never had this particular cut of swordfish before.... I hope it was what it said it was!! Husband's Thai soup was good and not too hot and beefburger excellent.
Atria's staff need to take constructive criticism and act on it - not just get huffy and defensive.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Across the street from the Hob Knob.
What a good surprise: the Brick Cellar Bar with the Atria menu !
Scallops of course !