“Great meal at island prices”
Review of l'etoile

l'etoile
Reserve with OpenTable
l'etoile is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 69 Restaurants in Edgartown
Cuisines: American, French, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of downtown Edgartown, l'etoile offers a casually elegant dining and bar experience l'étoile is a vibrant modern restaurant located in a restored historic whaling captain's house on the island of Martha's Vineyard. Chef-owned & operated, our focus is on guest satisfaction. We offer an inventive, fresh, seasonally-driven menu along with similar lighter fare in the bar. dine in our contemporary, casually elegant dining rooms or outdoors on our festive tented patio. bar-l'étoile is a stylishly intimate and vibrant destination to enjoy a "Startini" or one of our many specialty cocktails or one of 18 wines by the glass before or after dinner. A seat at the lively bar or at your own high-top table - or the porch and adirondack chairs on the lawn in the summer - are the perfect place to have a drink, a relaxed meal or or small plate from the eclectic bar bites menu. our full dinner menu is also offered in the bar.
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Four of us finally went for dinner and weren't disappointed at all. In fact, it rates among the best we've had. Chef knows how to blend ingredients to excel dishes. Surf and turf was perfect, tasty, juicy. Haddock was thick and good. Short ribs just melted in your mouth. Topped it off with flour less chocolate cake with gelato. Relaxed environment and first class service. Is your mouth watering yet? Island prices but worth it.

There are newer reviews for l'etoile

Reviewed June 17, 2014

The food was outstanding we had a wonderful surf & turf dinner with a great Caipirinha to start. It was a great experience.

1  Thank Peter K
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We were celebrating with a group of 17 business clients and their spouses after a two day conference. We had arranged with L'Etoile to seat the group out on their elegant patio, and we could not have been more pleased! The service was impeccable and the food delicious. I had the asparagus soup which was not something I would normally order, but I was glad I took the chance because the flavor was fabulous. My main course, the halibut, can be tricky to get right, but the chef at L'Etoile knew exactly how to make it melt in my mouth. At the end of the meal, we shared a marvelous chocolate cake made especially for the occasion. I can't wait to go back. Don't miss the opportunity to eat here if you are visiting the island.

1  Thank Daren S
Reviewed June 17, 2014

It is a mark of the most exceptional chefs and restaurants where every last bite of a 7 course chef's tasting menu is wonderful. Dinner at L'etoile this past weekend is one of only 2 I can recall in my life that met this standard-- delicious, balanced, unique, and fresh plates from start to finish.

My fiance and I went to L'etoile to celebrate our engagement earlier that day. I had left a message the week before letting the restaurant know that I wanted to plan something special for the occasion; I was surprised to receive guidance directly from Chef/Owner Michael Brisson, and the night was remarkable at every level-- Beautiful setting in their tented patio space, a flower centerpiece facilitated by an employee who also works at Donarama flower shop (thanks Aubrey!), drinks and our pre-ordered wine bottle at the table, and of course, THE FOOD-- as mentioned above, every bite was remarkable-- the lobster and lamb mains were both perfectly cooked and seasoned, the fois gras was rich and intense and and perfectly cut by a sweet and sharp dessert wine they suggested (I never would have thought of that). They somehow made a flourless chocolate cake with the expected richness, but without the stick-to-your-mouth uncomfortable density that flourless torts often have. And I would never have predicted it in advance, but I think the asparagus with fontana cheese and prosciutto may have been both of our favorite plate of the night.

Maybe the only thing we will remember more vividly than the food was the service and attitude of all the staff-- not an ounce of the affectation or entitlement I have noted at some other top restaurants. Our server Michael was warm, approachable, and knowledgeable. The Sommelier brought us the cork at the end of the meal in case we wanted it to remember the night (we forgot it at the table! Sorry!). And throughout the night, everyone from the hostess, waitstaff, busboys came over with unsolicited and genuine big smiles to congratulate us, to me a reflection of the positive attitudes among the staff, their well-deserved pride in the restaurant, and a culture of service and respect from the top down.

We could not have chosen a better setting for our celebration; L'etoile will likely be our "go-to" for special occasions from now on. Thank you to Chef Brisson and everyone else at the restaurant for making our night so special.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Amazing food, location and Michael the owner is so full of charm and warmth and sincerity. Shows in his food and throughout the staff.

1  Thank Freddie C