“Great place for a cocktail...service a bit slow”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of L'etoile

L'etoile
Ranked #3 of 68 Restaurants in Edgartown
Cuisines: French, American, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Manchester UK
“Great place for a cocktail...service a bit slow”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We did not eat here but stopped for a cocktail prior to our reservation elsewhere. The terrace was lovely to sit on and soak up the atmosphere of this lovely town. The cocktails were nice, reasonable, but the service a bit slow.

• Visited October 2012

Longboat Key, Florida
“Very good, but not excellent”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We were expecting excellent based on the reviews, the atmosphere, and the price. Service startet out a little spotty even though we were one of the first tables seated and the reastaurant was not yet crowded. When my husband didn't know what kind of cocktail to order right away, it took the server a long time to return to the table. Another thing that bothered us was a table beside us was given an amuse bouche, but we were not offered one as well as another table near us. We have never, ever been in a restaurant before where only some table are presented with an amuse bouche and not all the tables.
We started with the Vichyssoise and the Duck Foie Gras. The Vichyssoise was a bit bland for what we were expecting, and the Foie Gras could have been very good, but the chef was heavy with the cracked pepper wich I have never had on foie gras before. The flavor could have been spectacular, but the pepper took over.
My husband had the haddock which was not as good as he was expecting. I had the rack of lamb wich was very flavorful and cooked just as requested.
There were some very good moments, and some disappointments. Service was very good at times and slow at others. It was a very good experience, but could not say it was excellent.

• Visited September 2012
Connecticut
“Overpriced fare; Overly Pretentious atmosphere”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We wanted to dine at one of the best rated establishments in Edgartown, and the reviews from numerous places brought us here. I found myself rather disappointed, sorry to say. It seems they are trying too hard to be hip and pretentious, especially when one sees the menu. The offerings were considerably overpriced, and the food was rather average.

Of course, many obviously do not share my opinion, as the place was rather crowded, even for a Saturday night.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank 1dancing_fool
Rowayton, Connecticut
“Snobby Perfection”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Well in my 50 years I guess it had to happen one day. The hostess informed us that Mid-September week day at 6pm that they were booked up and missing servers and so if we wanted to eat we had to eat in the drab plain bar area or outside on the front porch. I guess my standard island wardrobe of leather flip-flops, collar shirt and khaki shorts did not meet the unofficial dress code of the owner/chef.
The funny thing is when we left 2 hours later there were plenty of empty seats with plenty of servers and when I asked the severs they said it was a slow night.
Now on to the food, the menu has not changed in years; the special cocktails are boring and dated, though our waitress was excellent....
So if you want to go put on your best country club dress and enjoy hanging out with the older and quieter group, then this is the place, but the food is nothing special and way overpriced, white table cloths and hanging Christmas like lights is not what I base a good restaurant on.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank PopeyeCT
Waterford, Connecticut
“not the best, but very, very good”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

a little crowded, good service, and the food was good, but not as good as the reviews had led us to believe. Foe the quality of the food and comparing other Edgartown restaurants, it's, as I said, very good.

Visited July 2012