“Wonderful surprise”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Decided to go to Lucky Hanks based on the TA reviews and were not disappointed. The only reason I didn't give them 5 stars is because the atmosphere was a little too austere for me. Simple décor, basic wood furniture and ball jar glasses, which are not my favorite when drinking a nice wine, made for a minimalist atmosphere....But the food more than made up for the lack of ambience. In fact, the food was a delightful and an unexpected surprise. Everything was fresh, interesting and well made. I rarely order salmon as it always seems so "farmed", but Hanks salmon was fabulous. Lucky Hanks is an interesting, unique and delicious change from the "to be seen" restaurants in downtown Edgartown.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a small, quaint place with few tables. The menu is small but has a wide range of items. The food was amazingly fresh. Service can not be matched. The clam chowder is the best I have ever had - surpassing the Chart Room and Legal Seafood by a mile. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly. The lobster risotto and Sea Scallops were by far the best I have had anywhere. This place really cares about the quality of the food as well as the dining experience.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

My friend and I were happy to have found this place. Although it is a slight walk from the Harbor (0.5mile), it was worth the walk. We came here for Sunday Brunch. She had the cod cakes (delicious and the homemade tartar sauce was light but flavorful) with 2 eggs over easy (nice and runny how they should be). The toast was even great. My friend is quite picky about coffee and was definitely happy with the brew served here. I had the lobster (Menemsha) omelet which was so chock full of lobster (unlike some other places where you struggle to find a bit or two of lobster) that I was almost too full to eat the hash browns. And, the prices do not break the bank. Service is quick and the waitresses were always aware of our water and coffee-refilling before we had to ask. I would definitely come back here if I visit Martha's Vineyard again.

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

First time dining here and it was a good choice. The menus has good options for vegetarian (wife) and seafood (me). Wine and beer selection was limited but had what we like. Parking is limited but no wait for a table (with reservation).

1  Thank Robert L
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We have eaten at most of the restaurants on the Vineyard over the years and this one was exceptionally bad. Slow service, awful food and apathetic management is a formula for failure. This place is miserable. Overcooked risotto, greens were mush, lobster was chewy. I cannot think of anything positive to say about this place. Ignore it and hopefully it will go away.

1  Thank Richard B