“Tasty food, casual atmosphere, friendly staff”

Lucky Hank's Restaurant & Cafe
Ranked #7 of 67 Restaurants in Edgartown
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Michigan
“Tasty food, casual atmosphere, friendly staff”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

While on the vineyard for a week over the 4th of July my husband, dad and I went to Lucky Hanks because we saw the write ups in Trip Advisor. I agree with the write ups that Lucky Hanks has very good food. We had sea scallops, a filet (a little over cooked), and lobster pot pie. Average cost for entrees $27-30. One odd thing is that they bring you tiny pieces of delicious bread "we joked were two bite each". So, if you like bread you may want to ask for more up front. For dessert the waitress said they make two homemade desserts every day and we chose the apple pie which was outstanding. With one glass of wine, one beer, and the above mentioned food, the total tab was $118 plus tip.
Atmosphere: One comment I would want to know if selecting a restaurant especially for a romantic date is atmosphere. We sat in the screened in patio which sits beside the parking lot looking at the cars so not exactly a good view. If you are out for a romantic night and atmosphere is key in selecting the restaurant you may want to stop by yourself and check it out. If you are looking for good food and friendly staff, it is the place for you.

• Visited July 2013

Holden, Massachusetts
“Lucky Hank's was AMAZING Hank's last night!!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Well, we called for a reservation for Saturday night a week ago based on the reviews on this site. All week we anxiously talked about the meal and how much we were looking forward to dining there. A lot of times our week long talks about a place build up the restaurant to fail. This restaurant surpassed our expectations and we will be going back for our Fourth of July dinner! The owner was so friendly retailing how he converted a home for the restaurant and how he crafted the menu. Our table had meatloaf and grilled scallops and risotto for the main meals and clam chowder and shrimp cocktail for apps. Dessert brought out the berry trifle and the strawberry rhubarb pie. Even the shrimp cocktail was extraordinary. Served with chives, other herbs, cocktail sauce and olives that set the tone for the differs sort of dinner we were to experience. Now anxiously awaiting dinner on the 4th and breakfast later in the week. A definite must visit when in Edgartown.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Suri723
Southbury, Connecticut
“Camp Mohawk Loves Lucky Hanks”
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

The owner made us feel very welcome upon entering the restaraunt and we were seated immeditately. (We had reservations.) The interior was simple, pleasant and clean. We were pleased they carried a children's menu but prices were high for the children's meal; fruit side was pleasant option but amount provided was essentially a garnish. Portions were small, but taste and quality was excellent. The Lobster Pie was best seafood meal I've had this week! It is more like a bouillabaisse than a pie. We also had the Strawberry-rhubarb pie and it was awesome with a fabulous crust. Overall we were very pleased with our meal and time at Lucky Hanks.

Visited June 2013
Central City, Kentucky
“Fresh ingredients and mouthwatering food”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Outstanding food and service. I had the meatloaf sandwich and it was honestly one of the best meals I've ever had. I wish we would have eaten here more than once. There is a reason why this restaurant is ranked #1.

• Visited June 2013
Plymouth, Massachusetts, United States
“Worth the trip”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I recently went to breakfast based on reviews I read on Trip Advisor and must say they were right. Our breakfast was so good we came back for lunch the next day. They use such fresh ingredients and you know your eating at a restaurant that take the time to make outstanding dishes. They bake their own multigrain bread, which was on my breakfast plate and my lunch sandwich. Bacon and eggs were delicious with delightful home fries. The lobster bisque was outstanding. Inwill be back for dinner on my next trip!

Visited June 2013