The Winnetu is not a super fancy resort but a nice motel with some activities. What the Winnetu has is Location,Location,Location!!! If you have a problem paying 350 to 500 USD for a room, forget about Martha's Vineyard in general! The island is expensive.The pool is tired, the walk to the beach is longer than shown in the pictures of the place. Katana or South beach is a little choppy and cold but the beach between Edgartown/Oaks Bluff is super.It has blue water better than tropical islands. The Winnetu has a clam bake on weds. night that is expensive but great. The staff was helpful especially Zak (name ? ). No problem with Nextel phone service on the island so that was a plus.
Once again, Winnetu is nothing fancy, but it is on Martha's Vineyard.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only resort located directly at South Beach, Edgartown, Martha's Vineyard. Opened in year 2000, featuring 54 air-conditioned studios and suites and one and two-bedroom cottages. Over 80 private townhouses and homes also available for rent. Offering a complimentary Children's Day Program (in season); Parent/Toddler Program; heated swimming pools; tennis; yoga and fitness classes; Fitness Center; Concierge Services; life-size, outdoor chess; putting green; and shuttle service to Edgartown. Optional activities include: Children's Evening Program; Teen Program; weekly clambakes; sunset water taxi cruise to Edgartown; and Two-Island Adventure Trip to our sister Resort on Nantucket, The Nantucket Hotel. Ocean-view, family-friendly, casually upscale restaurant, The Dunes located on-site. Resort open mid-April through late October. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Winnetu Oceanside Hotel Edgartown
- Winnetu Oceanside Edgartown
- Winnetu Resort
- Winnetu Oceanside Resort Edgartown, MA - Martha's Vineyard