Immaculate, beautifully-designed, perfectly decorated and ultra-comfortable, stylish accommodations , the family and couples-oriented signature event (The Lure Restaurant Clambake on Wednesday nights), a children-friendly environment (there's a "Harry Potter/Alice in Wonderland" moment when you first see the colossal chess set with each chess piece several feet tall and giant-size chairs near the ping-pong tables, 1956 "Winnetu-inscribed" Ford and Winnetu Fire Engine), the perfectly-manicured lawns and beautiful views everywhere-- the charming atmosphere and friendly people throughout the property, and close proximity to the beach-- all equate to a memorable 3rd Wedding Anniversary/Birthday sea-side vacation for my wife and me.
It was a true joy vacationing at the Winnetu (American Indian name for Beauty) Oceanside Resort. Trip Advisor may want to consider the merits of adding a 6th rating of "Superior" for resorts such as this distinguished one! When I asked my wife one week after our vacation at the Winnetu if she would like to return, she immediately responded "Absolutely, Yes!!!"
As a seasoned, world traveler, I can asseverate that you simply won't find a finer concierge than the affable, efficient, empathetic and courteous Tim Benoit, who is a true professional. Before my wife and I even arrived at the Winnetu, we received a nice letter from Mr. Benoit, which provided highlights of the ways he could enhance our upcoming vacation. In every respect, Tim went the extra mile to elevate even further what was already a terrific vacation. As much as I thought I knew from having read 3 guides on the island, Tim's expertise was far greater than my knowledge-- as a result, my wife and I saw some places we didn't know about en route to Menemsha and Aquinnah, learned more about the local history, and dined at some great venues for lunch in Edgartown (such as The Atlantic). Fortunately, Tim encouraged us to go to The Lure Clambake, which was among the highlights of our visit to the Winnetu.
Meeting members of the Snider Family (owners) and Dan Scully, Jr. (General Manager), who welcomed us so warmly upon our arrival, along with the lovely note from Lizzie Pack added much to our exciting entry into the Winnetu "community."
The Lure Restaurant at the Winnetu was terrific, as was the expert management by Steven Brunelle, and the bartending Dan and his team.
People such as Dodi and Julia, who went out of their way to ensure a favorably-memorable stay for us were appreciated greatly. Steven Brunelle helped me personally at The Lure Restaurant and at the General Store-- stepping out of his role to expertly package my wife's birthday vase & 18 roses for the trip home.
The Winnetu Oceanside Resort is a very short, pleasant car ride (or bike ride) to the Edgartown "hub," and to all the great shops on Edgartown's Main Street and the beautiful , not-to-be-missed scenic walk up Water Street.
In the final analysis, The Winnetu Oceanside Resort has a perfectly-balanced vacation for everyone's enjoyment-- and it is even more than that-- an outstanding staff with a friendly community of fine people focused on your happiness.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only resort located directly at South Beach, Edgartown, Martha's Vineyard. Opened in year 2000, featuring 54 air-conditioned studios and suites and one and two-bedroom cottages. Over 80 private townhouses and homes also available for rent. Offering a complimentary Children's Day Program (in season); Parent/Toddler Program; heated swimming pools; tennis; yoga and fitness classes; Fitness Center; Concierge Services; life-size, outdoor chess; putting green; and shuttle service to Edgartown. Optional activities include: Children's Evening Program; Teen Program; weekly clambakes; sunset water taxi cruise to Edgartown; and Two-Island Adventure Trip to our sister Resort on Nantucket, The Nantucket Hotel. Ocean-view, family-friendly, casually upscale restaurant, The Dunes located on-site. Resort open mid-April through late October. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Winnetu Oceanside Hotel Edgartown
- Winnetu Oceanside Edgartown
- Winnetu Resort
- Winnetu Oceanside Resort Edgartown, MA - Martha's Vineyard