The location is perfect (just off South Beach), the accommodations were great, the staff was super-friendly and helpful, and both the food and service in the Lure Lounge were as good as we had anywhere else on the island. The townhouses have everything you need, including Wifi (the Wifi was surprisingly strong). What's especially wonderful are the family services, including a camp for the kids every morning until noon (except Sundays), and even a room for kids with a counselor on duty in the restaurant. After the first day of camp, all of our kids were excitedly asking when they could go back. It gives all of the adults a nice break in the morning, and isn't that what vacation is about? This was our second season vacationing at the Winnetu, and we plan to return each summer for the foreseeable future. Truly, a great find!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only resort located directly at South Beach, Edgartown, Martha's Vineyard. Opened in year 2000, featuring 54 air-conditioned studios and suites and one and two-bedroom cottages. Over 80 private townhouses and homes also available for rent. Offering a complimentary Children's Day Program (in season); Parent/Toddler Program; heated swimming pools; tennis; yoga and fitness classes; Fitness Center; Concierge Services; life-size, outdoor chess; putting green; and shuttle service to Edgartown. Optional activities include: Children's Evening Program; Teen Program; weekly clambakes; sunset water taxi cruise to Edgartown; and Two-Island Adventure Trip to our sister Resort on Nantucket, The Nantucket Hotel. Ocean-view, family-friendly, casually upscale restaurant, The Dunes located on-site. Resort open mid-April through late October. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Winnetu Oceanside Hotel Edgartown
- Winnetu Oceanside Edgartown
- Winnetu Resort
- Winnetu Oceanside Resort Edgartown, MA - Martha's Vineyard