That's how I would describe my experience. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The walls are used with images of island history. The food was exceptional and the amenities were as expected. What stands out the most is how the Winnetu blended into the island. The horticulture was magnificent and the play field ties the facility well to the beach with a 4 minute path of beautiful vegetation until the beach is right in front of you. Edgartown is conveniently next door.
The place was neat and sharp. Concierge of this place was respected and booked tours and events were easily accomodated. I used to work in the hospitality industry within the likes of the Four Seasons and Ritz. I give this facility an A+.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only resort located directly at South Beach, Edgartown, Martha's Vineyard. Opened in year 2000, featuring 54 air-conditioned studios and suites and one and two-bedroom cottages. Over 80 private townhouses and homes also available for rent. Offering a complimentary Children's Day Program (in season); Parent/Toddler Program; heated swimming pools; tennis; yoga and fitness classes; Fitness Center; Concierge Services; life-size, outdoor chess; putting green; and shuttle service to Edgartown. Optional activities include: Children's Evening Program; Teen Program; weekly clambakes; sunset water taxi cruise to Edgartown; and Two-Island Adventure Trip to our sister Resort on Nantucket, The Nantucket Hotel. Ocean-view, family-friendly, casually upscale restaurant, The Dunes located on-site. Resort open mid-April through late October. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Winnetu Oceanside Hotel Edgartown
- Winnetu Oceanside Edgartown
- Winnetu Resort
- Winnetu Oceanside Resort Edgartown, MA - Martha's Vineyard