We stayed for 5 days/4 nights in one of the East Chop Suites (which was a complimentary upgrade from a Studio)
We were greeted by a friendly staff, and after checking in, were given a tour of the property on the way to our suite, while our luggage was brought to the suite for us.
Our suite had a common area, including a pull-out couch (to queen size bed), flat-screen TV, with cable and a DVD player, a closet with an iron/ironing board, extra pillows, hangers, and complimentary beach towels. In addition, there was a 5-drawer dresser for clothing, storage, etc.
The suite also featured a full kitchen, with cabinets stocked with Corelle dishware, pots and pans, measuring tools, flatware, cooking utensils, a dishwasher, with dishwasher soap, toaster, coffee maker, full fridge/freezer, with pre-made ice, and a pantry.
The bathroom was rather large and had a sink with plenty of drawers, full mirror, plenty of towels, and a walk-in shower, which had complimentary shampoo, conditioner, and body wash.
The bedroom had a king size bed, with a duvet cover and plenty of pillows, bookshelves with books, a flat-screen TV, with cable and a DVD player, a pull-out twin bed, a three-drawer dresser, and a dining table with chairs.
Off of the bedroom, was a deck with a table and two chairs, as well as complimentary beach chairs, and drying racks...and an amazing view! The property featured a gym, (2) outdoor pools, kids' playarea, tennis courts, spa, gift shop, laundry room, and General Store, Garden Pavillion, and the Lure Grill.
The resort has a Concierge service, which allows you to take advantage of the many day trips, tours, bike rentals, etc. In addition, there was a complimentary shuttle service that brought guests to and from the resort to downtown Edgartown all day long.
The Winnetu is a short walk away from South Beach, and just a short drive (or bike) to downtown Edgartown (and the surrounding towns).
This was our first time staying here (and on the Vineyard in general), and we can honestly say that we wouldn't ever want to stay anywhere else!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only resort located directly at South Beach, Edgartown, Martha's Vineyard. Opened in year 2000, featuring 54 air-conditioned studios and suites and one and two-bedroom cottages. Over 80 private townhouses and homes also available for rent. Offering a complimentary Children's Day Program (in season); Parent/Toddler Program; heated swimming pools; tennis; yoga and fitness classes; Fitness Center; Concierge Services; life-size, outdoor chess; putting green; and shuttle service to Edgartown. Optional activities include: Children's Evening Program; Teen Program; weekly clambakes; sunset water taxi cruise to Edgartown; and Two-Island Adventure Trip to our sister Resort on Nantucket, The Nantucket Hotel. Ocean-view, family-friendly, casually upscale restaurant, The Dunes located on-site. Resort open mid-April through late October. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Winnetu Oceanside Hotel Edgartown
- Winnetu Oceanside Edgartown
- Winnetu Resort
- Winnetu Oceanside Resort Edgartown, MA - Martha's Vineyard