My wife and I stayed at the hotel the week prior to Columbus Day. We booked an East Cop Queen suite 307 overlooking the ocean. We could watch the sun rise and set from the room. Very nice.
We were one of maybe three groups staying at the hotel which was nice for us as we were on a romantic vacation. I'm sure the resort would be a great one to stay at during season, and especially with children of all ages. They seemed very family oriented. I noticed signs around the property encouraging guests to be polite and respectful of others i.e quiet time after 9pm etc. Nice to see they make an effort. Bike path to town at main entrance to property.
Staff was helpful. Minor Maintanence issue handled well with maintanence staff calling to follow up to make sure we were happy. Concierge was very good with recommendations fitting our tastes.
Only one change would have been nice. Just after a shower the fire alarm went off throughout the whole resort. We could only assume it was a real event and since the structures seemed to have classic wood shingles etc we thought we better get out of there fast. We were running around the room trying to get the essentials to take with us etc. Once outside we were told it was a drill. Hey...if you don't want a naked 50 year old guy throwing clothes, luggage, and maybe even furniture off the balcony you should tell me that it is a drill!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only resort located directly at South Beach, Edgartown, Martha's Vineyard. Opened in year 2000, featuring 54 air-conditioned studios and suites and one and two-bedroom cottages. Over 80 private townhouses and homes also available for rent. Offering a complimentary Children's Day Program (in season); Parent/Toddler Program; heated swimming pools; tennis; yoga and fitness classes; Fitness Center; Concierge Services; life-size, outdoor chess; putting green; and shuttle service to Edgartown. Optional activities include: Children's Evening Program; Teen Program; weekly clambakes; sunset water taxi cruise to Edgartown; and Two-Island Adventure Trip to our sister Resort on Nantucket, The Nantucket Hotel. Ocean-view, family-friendly, casually upscale restaurant, The Dunes located on-site. Resort open mid-April through late October. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Winnetu Oceanside Hotel Edgartown
- Winnetu Oceanside Edgartown
- Winnetu Resort
- Winnetu Oceanside Resort Edgartown, MA - Martha's Vineyard