I stayed at the Winnetu this past Memorial Day weekend with my young daughter, mother, and a friend. This is a lovely resort with beautiful decor and great amenities, but the friendliness of the staff and their efforts to please are what make this resort special. I would recommend it to anybody traveling with small children to Martha's Vineyard. The pool was heated, so we could swim even in less than warm weather. The walk to the beach was not too far. They have a play area at the main restaurant and plenty of activities, including s'mores over a campfire, to delight children. Thank you to the staff (especially Chip and Dottie!) for making our stay so WONDERFUL!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only resort located directly at South Beach, Edgartown, Martha's Vineyard. Opened in year 2000, featuring 54 air-conditioned studios and suites and one and two-bedroom cottages. Over 80 private townhouses and homes also available for rent. Offering a complimentary Children's Day Program (in season); Parent/Toddler Program; heated swimming pools; tennis; yoga and fitness classes; Fitness Center; Concierge Services; life-size, outdoor chess; putting green; and shuttle service to Edgartown. Optional activities include: Children's Evening Program; Teen Program; weekly clambakes; sunset water taxi cruise to Edgartown; and Two-Island Adventure Trip to our sister Resort on Nantucket, The Nantucket Hotel. Ocean-view, family-friendly, casually upscale restaurant, The Dunes located on-site. Resort open mid-April through late October. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Winnetu Oceanside Hotel Edgartown
- Winnetu Oceanside Edgartown
- Winnetu Resort
- Winnetu Oceanside Resort Edgartown, MA - Martha's Vineyard