We recently stayed in a studio room while on Martha's Vineyard for a wedding. The wedding and reception where held at Winnetu so it couldn't have been more convenient. Our room had everything we could have wanted and was spotless. It was very relaxing and quiet - probably more so being it was off-season. We especially enjoyed the breakfast that was complimentary with our booking. One night a group of us shared some appetizers and drinks out by the pool at one of the large outdoor tables with umbrellas. It's a very short walk to South Beach which is one of the most beautiful beaches we have ever seen. The entire staff couldn't have been more friendly. We only had one small problem while trying to book a room on the phone. When we asked for a room reserved for the wedding we were told they were all booked. So we went on line and booked a room at a higher price. We were then informed by the mother-of-the-bride that there WERE still reserved rooms available at the lower price so we called up again and were told that yes, there was a room available. ??
We didn't bring our car on the ferry, thinking that we wouldn't need it. We did bring our bikes though. If we had it to do over, we would bring our car so that we could shop for groceries, go out for dinner in town, or just sightsee on our own. It would have been well worth the expense.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only resort located directly at South Beach, Edgartown, Martha's Vineyard. Opened in year 2000, featuring 54 air-conditioned studios and suites and one and two-bedroom cottages. Over 80 private townhouses and homes also available for rent. Offering a complimentary Children's Day Program (in season); Parent/Toddler Program; heated swimming pools; tennis; yoga and fitness classes; Fitness Center; Concierge Services; life-size, outdoor chess; putting green; and shuttle service to Edgartown. Optional activities include: Children's Evening Program; Teen Program; weekly clambakes; sunset water taxi cruise to Edgartown; and Two-Island Adventure Trip to our sister Resort on Nantucket, The Nantucket Hotel. Ocean-view, family-friendly, casually upscale restaurant, The Dunes located on-site. Resort open mid-April through late October. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Winnetu Oceanside Hotel Edgartown
- Winnetu Oceanside Edgartown
- Winnetu Resort
- Winnetu Oceanside Resort Edgartown, MA - Martha's Vineyard