My husband and I stayed at this resort for Labor Day weekend. We arrived late on Friday evening after 11pm, everything seemed quiet and shut down. The two front desk folks were so kind to be sure we were welcomed, offered to open the general store if we needed anything. The resort was quiet and clean. There were families there, kids were well behaved and just being kids. The shuttle bus was very convenient, as we made several trips to down town Edgartown. The beach was a convenient 10 minute walk.
As a response to the previous review about breakfast. Unfortunately, the reviewer didn't enjoy a lovely breakfast in the Lure restaurant. We enjoyed prepared omelettes and full breakfast there. We also had an elegant dinner at the Lure restaurant. The restaurant was right above the lobby, how did they miss that?
My husband and I can't wait to return to Martha's Vineyard, when we do we will stay at the Winnetu!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only resort located directly at South Beach, Edgartown, Martha's Vineyard. Opened in year 2000, featuring 54 air-conditioned studios and suites and one and two-bedroom cottages. Over 80 private townhouses and homes also available for rent. Offering a complimentary Children's Day Program (in season); Parent/Toddler Program; heated swimming pools; tennis; yoga and fitness classes; Fitness Center; Concierge Services; life-size, outdoor chess; putting green; and shuttle service to Edgartown. Optional activities include: Children's Evening Program; Teen Program; weekly clambakes; sunset water taxi cruise to Edgartown; and Two-Island Adventure Trip to our sister Resort on Nantucket, The Nantucket Hotel. Ocean-view, family-friendly, casually upscale restaurant, The Dunes located on-site. Resort open mid-April through late October. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Winnetu Oceanside Hotel Edgartown
- Winnetu Oceanside Edgartown
- Winnetu Resort
- Winnetu Oceanside Resort Edgartown, MA - Martha's Vineyard