This is our third stay with The Winnetu over the course of several years. We are experienced and demanding travelers and The Winnetu has once again exceeded expectations. The resort is sophisticated without being snooty and family-friendly without being chaotic. The Winnetu offers something for everyone with its endless array of activities.
Guests may choose from a hotel style room or suite, condo or home to large enough to fit extended family & friends. The staff's hospitality is beyond compare. The facilities are in excellent condition offering island charm with modern luxury. A knowledgeable concierge is available to plan the perfect itinerary for every travelers' whim. The housekeeping staff goes above and beyond (they actually washed our dirty dishes!). The wonderful Lure restaurant offers a fine dining experience in a casual setting catering to adults and children alike. Finally, the resort's green approach is forward thinking to help protect the island's limited resources.
When we found The Winnetu many years ago, it was the only resort offering heated pools and easy beach access. That coupled with the rest of the resort's family-friendly amenities made the Winnetu the only spot we'd consider. We travel all the way to MV from CA and look forward to many more visits. We recommend the Winnetu without reservation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only resort located directly at South Beach, Edgartown, Martha's Vineyard. Opened in year 2000, featuring 54 air-conditioned studios and suites and one and two-bedroom cottages. Over 80 private townhouses and homes also available for rent. Offering a complimentary Children's Day Program (in season); Parent/Toddler Program; heated swimming pools; tennis; yoga and fitness classes; Fitness Center; Concierge Services; life-size, outdoor chess; putting green; and shuttle service to Edgartown. Optional activities include: Children's Evening Program; Teen Program; weekly clambakes; sunset water taxi cruise to Edgartown; and Two-Island Adventure Trip to our sister Resort on Nantucket, The Nantucket Hotel. Ocean-view, family-friendly, casually upscale restaurant, The Dunes located on-site. Resort open mid-April through late October. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Winnetu Oceanside Hotel Edgartown
- Winnetu Oceanside Edgartown
- Winnetu Resort
- Winnetu Oceanside Resort Edgartown, MA - Martha's Vineyard