This is a great choice for families coming to MV . The kids club is from 9am-12pm with lots of planned family activities in the afternoons, also there's the evening kids program on certain nights from 5:30pm-9:30pm($25 per night). Our child went to the fire house and a barn for kids club. The restaurant on site, Lure, also has a section with a babysitter where kids can play while parents can dine at a table in the same section a few feet away. However, the food is, not surprisingly, expensive and of average quality. I have to say the setup is a huge factor in us choosing Winnetu so parents can relax and enjoy themselves as well. We got a king suite on the second floor which is very nicely decorated, charming and not too modern. There's a livingroom area with pull out beds for kids while parents sleep in the bedroom area separated by the bathroom. Also there's a nicely sized deck facing the pool. The pool is not very big so it's more for soaking and splashing around with kids, not for serious swimming. The resort is about a 10-15 minute walk from the beach on a foot path across the great lawn. The walk is manageable with kids but not good for strollers. The beach is beautiful, clean and not very crowded when we were there. The shuttle into Edgartown is a 10 minute ride but hard to catch on the way back. It is very crowded so get there early. On the way back we were told to wait by Scoops but the shuttle pulled up nowhere near it, we just happened to spot it. The shuttle is unreliable on the way back so be prepared to take a cab, which is about $10 back to Winnetu. What we did not like about our room were the bathroom and the screen door. The bathroom had a slight smell so the toilet bowl and the floor needs to be better cleaned. The screen door is ripped on the edges which is bad because there were a lot flying bugs around. The bedroom area faces the hallway with a heavy window treatment, which means if you want natural light then you'll have to sacrifice privacy, otherwise the bedroom section is constantly in darkness. Suggest management also install sheer shades to let light in. We have enjoyed ourselves would likely visit again next year because they made childcare very easy, but would choose something less expensive and in town once we no longer have childcare needs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only resort located directly at South Beach, Edgartown, Martha's Vineyard. Opened in year 2000, featuring 54 air-conditioned studios and suites and one and two-bedroom cottages. Over 80 private townhouses and homes also available for rent. Offering a complimentary Children's Day Program (in season); Parent/Toddler Program; heated swimming pools; tennis; yoga and fitness classes; Fitness Center; Concierge Services; life-size, outdoor chess; putting green; and shuttle service to Edgartown. Optional activities include: Children's Evening Program; Teen Program; weekly clambakes; sunset water taxi cruise to Edgartown; and Two-Island Adventure Trip to our sister Resort on Nantucket, The Nantucket Hotel. Ocean-view, family-friendly, casually upscale restaurant, The Dunes located on-site. Resort open mid-April through late October. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Winnetu Oceanside Hotel Edgartown
- Winnetu Oceanside Edgartown
- Winnetu Resort
- Winnetu Oceanside Resort Edgartown, MA - Martha's Vineyard