“Nantucket experience”

Plan Sea Adventures Boat Charters
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The boat "Plan Sea" is a newly remodeled down east luxury yacht. She seats 22 passengers on teak-trimmed, Sunbrella-cushioned furniture. The open deck and wet bar make Plan Sea the perfect party venue. You may rent (private charter) the entire boat or reserve seats on scheduled public cruises. Activities include tours, transportation and parties. Cruises depart from Falmouth on Cape Cod and Martha's Vineyard. Sunset cruises are a great cocktail hour cruise out of Edgartown and Falmouth. Plan Sea boat cruises are a great activity for bridal parties, women's weekends, family reunions, couples and other groups to enjoy time on the water and learn about the history and sights around the Cape and islands. We are a proud recipient of the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence. Cruises fill up fast during our short season so book now.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed October 17, 2013

What an adventure! My wife,daughter, boyfriend, and I celebrated my daughter's birthday with an exciting trip from Martha's Vineyard to Nantucket for the day. Captain Dave took us on an adventuresome ride. It was smooth sailing and fun. We stopped to see the sea lions on the way. Captain Dave is extremely knowledgeable about the ocean and its creatures. He kept us informed the whole way, He also took us around the harbor and talked about those living there. We still look at pictures of our trip even now. We will do it again and I'll call Captain Dave. You should too.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank Whip559

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We have been going to MV for years but had never gone out from the shore. We had 2 Birthdays to celebrate so I contacted Dave. He made several suggestions but was open to whatever we wanted. Dave picked us up in Edgartown. He slowly cruised along chappy, stopped a couple of times for viewing and explained everything. We then went out to Muskeget Island to view the seals. The seals are absolutely amazing, with their big brown eyes and so courious. We spend some time there and it was lovely. We also had lunch while watching the seals. We then headed back and pulled in at the Chappy Light House, but to many jelly fish for us to swim. Dave proceeded around the island and several of us did go in the water. We headed back to Edgartown viewing the yachts and coast line. As we approached the harbor Dave let us have our celebration champagne. We got an extensive tour of the harbour, the homes, and the oysters and how they are grown. Amazing! The day was beautifull, our trip was 4 hours and Dave did not disappoint anyone of us.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank Bill S
Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and I spent a wonderful day on Plan Sea in Buzzards Bay. We were picked up in quaint Quissett harbor (near Woods Hole) and went along the coast into West Falmouth harbor. We bought sandwiches and ate on the boat. Plan Sea is a beautiful and pristine boat. We cruised by Old Silver beach, Megansett harbor and Red Brook harbor. Then we went into the canal, under the railroad bridge (really vey cool) and then under the Bourne bridge before we turned around. The weather was great, the views of the coastline were spectacular and the afternoon was very relaxing. Captain Dave is knowledgeable and engaging. Lots of fun facts. We highly recommend a day at sea on Plan Sea! Thanks Captain Dave!!☀️

2  Thank Lynn G
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We went on a Seal Watch with Captain Dave. We were picked up at the docks in Edgartown, and I was afraid we'd have to leave my husband behind, because a commercial boat needed to unload. Captain Dave stayed just off the dock, then when my husband appeared after finally finding parking (he had dropped us off right at the dock because his mother isn't able to walk very far, and the handicap space was already taken), pulled right back in to pick him up.

As we pulled out of the harbor, we heard about some of the places in the harbor, then off we went to Muskeget Island and the seals. Captain Dave made sure everyone was comfortable - especially my mother-in-law who was a bit afraid. He even handed her a seat cushion that floated as an extra measure of reassurance.

The trip out to the island was fun! Apparently the seas were rougher than normal, but the boat handled it just fine, and I think it made the trip that much more exhilarating. We got out to the Island and saw some seals - pups and adults. Captain Dave explained which were which, and handed around his good binoculars. We then maneuvered our way in a little closer through the sandbars. We stayed and watched the seals until we had had our fill, then went back to Edgartown. We still had about 1/2 hour, so Captain Dave took us around the harbor and explained the oyster hatchery process and pointed out a number of celebrity's houses. I think he ended up running a bit overtime, but we loved every minute.

It was a fantastic trip, and I highly recommend Plan Sea Adventures and Captain Dave!

3  Thank CarvingFool
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Captain Dave took my husband and I on a relaxing sunset cruise. He surprised us with a stop at Poge where we saw a seal! The sunset was amazing and so was the cleanliness of the boat. :)

1  Thank Kjshelbs
davet007, Owner at Plan Sea Adventures Boat Charters, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Thank you for your review. We really lucked out with both a beautiful sunset and a full moon.

Regards,