“The Divine Massage”
Review of The Mod Spa

The Mod Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: On Martha's Vineyard, in Vail or Bali, The Mod Spa continues to offer customized massage, skincare, yoga and wellness services at our beautifully simple, zen studios or at your home, hotel, chalet or boat. We blend Eastern and Western modalities consciously and deliberately to provide you with the highest quality bodywork and skincare. We use 100% organic and eco-friendly oils, creams, linens and detergents because we regard your wellness and the planet's wellness as highly as we regard our own. Please come visit us soon!
Phoenix, Arizona
351 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 264 helpful votes
“The Divine Massage”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

The Mod Spa is a gem on Martha's Vineyard and Sebastian is "the
diamond" in the spa. From the moment I entered the spa, the feeling was of
warmth, relaxation and peace. My stress started to ebb. Sebastian, my massage
therapist, was the epitome of calmness and has magic hands. He was able to not
only de-stress my body, but relieve the pressure from the huge knots in my back
and shoulders. I was limp, a puddle, by the time the massage was over. I highly
recommend this spa and Sebastian. Arlene, July 2012

Visited July 2012

Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Couples Massage”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

My wife and visit MVY annually, we decided to treat ourselves to a couples massage. Sebastian and his staff we fabulous, the atmosphere was friendly and relaxing, we were greeted with a glass of lemon water, and told to take our time and relax. Once in the room both therapists took time to see what our specific needs were. The mood was tranquil and my wife and I shared a very special, relaxing time. When we finished our host offered us a positive energy gift and topped it off with a nice cup of sorbet! The cold refreshing treat helped cap truly joyful experience. I highly recommend MOD SPA and will be visiting again next season.

Visited July 2012
new york
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Excellent Massage”
Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

Possibly the best massage I've ever had (and I've had a lot of massages of different types). Sebastian did a fantastic job. He employed a mix of massage/stretch, with just the right amount of pressure. I will be back!

Egartown,
“Best massage experience ever!!!”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Sebastian has the most amazing energry! His massage and bodywork, including stretching was amazing, relaxing and relieving of some muscle aches! I have had many massages throughout my life and this was the best one ever! Sebastian is wonderful!!! You must go!

Visited June 2012
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Deep Tissue Massage!”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

My husband and I were in the Vineyard last weekend and he agreed to go for a couples massage. This was his first massage and he also has some shoulder troubles. Bridget was very conscious of this during the massage and he had a great first experience.
I have been for quite a few massages and I would say Sebastien gave me one of the Best Deep Tissue Massages I have ever had! I left feeling like a new person! Sebastien blends techniques and focuses on the whole body instead of parts. I highly recommend The Mod Spa and will certainly be booking another appointment next time I am on the island.

Visited May 2012