“Perfect location for an Edgartown getaway”
Review of The Sydney

The Sydney
Ranked #8 of 10 Edgartown B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed at The Fallon this weekend and had such a great experience I had to write something here. We arrived Friday evening and were directed to our room upstairs which was so comfortable and private. We had our own clean bathroom, small refrigerator, WiFi, reading chair, etc. There were books and magazines to read. It was perfect. It's a short walk to anywhere in town and we always felt safe. The restaurant in the hotel is second to none but if you feel like going someplace for an inexpensive bite to eat you have dozens of options within a short walk. Carol, the host, had the bikes out waiting for us in the morning to start our biking trip around the island. If you have never done this before, it should be on everyone's bucket list. I would highly recommend the Fallon. Brilliant and No Worries......

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for The Sydney

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I recently found myself extending my stay on Martha's Vineyard at The Fallon as a result of hurricane Sandy. I would like to thank it's host Carol Beecher for being most outstanding, calm, cool, and collected through it all. Carol made sure I was WELL stocked w/all the necessary essentials as well as checking in on me frequently to ensure my safety and comfort...a most gracious host. Thank you Carol!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank lotus22mvy
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stayed for two nights while attending a wedding. It is a gem- centrally located, clean, nice size rooms. Only issue was the funky-shaped shower but we managed. A/C was super quite and loved the "humming machine" in the room. Super-comfy beds! DId not get a chance to eat at L'Etoile, the restaurant attached but menu looked fabulous. Looking forward to a return to try it.
Carol was super helping us through the chin-in and out process. A wonderful experience.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Fallon for two nights recently. It is a wonderful inn in the perfect location. The atmosphere is very relaxed yet classic vineyard at the same time, it was not stuffy at all like some of the B&B's in Edgartown. Everything was super easy, from check in to check out there was no hassle at all. My wife even forgot a large number of clothes in the dresser and they mailed her items back to our home free of charge. Really, I'm not sure you could find a better place to stay on the island.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I stayed at the Fallon with my boyfriend for a few nights last month and we loved it. There are no cumbersome check-in/ checkout processes at this inn-- you pick up your key and you have checked in-- it is just simply elegant and a great experience. We arrived very late on a weeknight and even though the kitchen at L'etoile (the amazing restaurant downstairs) had been closed for over an hour, they still made an exception for us and cooked up a delicious lobster mac and cheese and soft shell crab. Carol, the innkeeper was extremely friendly and hospitable. We stayed in room #1-- which we would HIGHLY recommend-- it is gorgeous and very charming. Nice size room, lots of windows, and really beautifully decorated. The location is perfect-- you are right in the heart of Edgartown, steps away from great restaurants, shops and the waterfront. And you are also right above L'etoile, my favorite restaurant on the vineyard-- elegant, classy, and delicious. Bottom line: The Fallon is elegant, very easy, in a great location and a great choice!! Hope to be back there soon!

Room Tip: Choose room #1! It is their nicest room and totally worth it!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sara H
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is a great inn but if you are uptight and go to bed at 10PM, stay elsewhere. When you get back from eating and need a nightcap or three, stop in a the bar before heading up to your room. All of the rooms are nice and each one offers a different feel and experience. We usually book with some friends and have a few of the rooms and it is a good environment for old friends getting together to eat, drink, and enjoy the island.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 13, 2011

My Wife and I recently spent the weekend at this wonderful Inn and simply can't say enough about it. Everything from the grounds, to the room itself, to the staff was perfect. If you've never been to the Vineyard it is well worth the trip. The Inn itself is located in Edgartown which I think is the nicest of the Island locals with wonderful shops and exquisite restaurants. When we went the Inn's restaurant, L'etoile was closed for the season, which was disappointing as NyTimes had it rated as the Islands best! I guess that means we'll have to book a stay for the summer months!

As soon as we were 'off-Island' I got in touch with the wonderful manager and booked our stay for the same time next year!

_Chris Antonellis

Room Tip: While we were there they held an "Open House" so we were able to see most of the rooms, an...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chris A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edgartown
Mansion House
Pequot Hotel
Pequot Hotel
#1 of 3 in Oak Bluffs
Vineyard Square Hotel & Suites

Been to The Sydney? Share your experiences!