“My chef friend said we ate here last night and we're going back”

Atlantic Fish & Chop House
Ranked #9 of 69 Restaurants in Edgartown
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Six of us had a really wonderful meal here last night. We all agreed that the menu was one of the best and thoughtful we had seen in a while and were all terrifically impressed with the food and wine selection. We ordered most of the appetizers and shared them and each was delicious. The entrees were all well done. I ordered the pork shank - it was "off the hook" good. This is coming from a Southerner who has had his share of pork - and my friend who grew up on a pork farm agreed that is was among the best he had ever tasted. The foie gras hamburger had another friend's eyes rolling back in his head from pure joy. We all look forward to going back as soon as possible.

There are newer reviews for Atlantic Fish & Chop House

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Great terrace for eating out on, lively place that is fun with good seafood. Great view of the harbour. No need to book and there are meat options for those who don't eat fish

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Manager was very accommodating in making room for party of 5 which I greatly appreciated. Waitstaff was super nice. Fun band with hopping crowd. I ended up having a scampi pizza. The folks I traveled with weren't happy with their meals. Although one person was happy about the lobster roll. We all agreed the calamari fries were a MISS. Needs more flavor. Drinks were potent so you probably only need one. Pizza is pretty big for an appetizer so it's a low cost option but it's average at best.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Just went this past weekend, had horrible food (Two appetizers that were indescribably bad: Bacon, because my husband had a craving & Calamari Fries, which had nothing resembling calamari in them). Everyone on the porch was complaining to the waitress that there was a delivery truck parked next to the porch that was running the whole time we were there...with fumes and noise so loud we couldn't talk to each other. The wait staff said, "we will tell the manager, but probably nothing can be done". Well NOTHING was done..nothing! Finally a young woman sitting at one of the tables got up and went outside and asked the driver to turn his truck off..He said "oh, sure...sorry". So the Restaurant staff just never asked him! and we sat with that disturbance through most of our lunch. While we were walking out the door, we witnessed a party of two middle-aged lovely couples turn around at the maitre'd station and exclaim: "We are not eating here--that guy is a @#%#?!!!!". Please folks, save yourself a LOT of money and stay away from this place.

3  Thank 566eidyb
Reviewed July 13, 2014

I was on a week tour of Cape Cod and Islands. This was the best lobster roll I had on the tour and I ordered one most days. Outside seating is available on the water.This was one of my favorite places on the week tour.