“Exceptional food and service”

Atlantic Fish & Chop House
Ranked #7 of 69 Restaurants in Edgartown
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Yesterday my wife and I and two other couples dined at the Atlantic. Two of us had crab cakes, two had filet of sole, and two of us had Alaskan cod. We all agreed that our meals were superb. Our Alaskan cod was the best I had ever had, and the portions were quite large. I prefaced my main course with PEI mussels in a slightly spiced broth. They were wonderful. Our server, Mollie C., was attentive, polite and prompt with our courses. A couple of suggestions: the restaurant has an open kitchen, so you may want to select a table removed from the kitchen unless you like watching the servers and chefs conducting their ballet -- efficiency at its best; and if you have trouble reading the menu in the dim light try using your cell phone to see with. The Atlantic does not take reservations and downtown parking may take a while, but you will find a parking place in time. Drop the ladies off at the door with your drink orders while the guys scout for parking. The Atlantic has nice views of the harbor. An after dinner a walk around the shops and beautiful homes is suggested.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Finally persuaded my boyfriend to go to the Atlantic with me today. He has never wanted to go because he has always heard it is an overpriced restaurant where locals and middle class people are treated poorly. I told him this was not the case and it was a beautiful day to sit on the porch and have a couple drinks. We went into the restaurant and stood and the hostess stand...two women standing there doing nothing. I had to ask them if we could be seated, I asked if we could sit on the deck and have drinks and she told me to go to the bar. I told her we wanted to sit outside and we would have something to eat with our drinks. She told me only if we were having a full meal. I looked outside and there were only four people seated all of which were drinking and sharing appetizers. She told us begrudgingly that we could sit outside. We sat ourselves and then waited 15 minutes for someone to bring us menus. I had to ask a waiter who was standing around. he brought us menus and a waitress showed up 5 minutes later. she was SO RUDE! service was terrible, we were completely rushed...we listened to hear complain about how her shift was over but there was one table holding her up (us). I will never go back again, so disappointing.

2  Thank nativef00die
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Last summer we stopped in after a morning of shopping in town. It was after the 12:00 lunch hour but still crowded. We were able to get a table and enjoyed our lunch. This summer we went back. The same maitre d was at the front desk and still was as arrogant as before. This time there was no table available and, excuse me, no one likes an attitude and someone ought to tell the powers that be. We spoke with a local man, who happened to be sitting outside the restaurant, and he confirmed that this was normal. We, also, spoke with our cab driver (a young college kid) and he, also, knew about the attitude issue. Needless to say, I don't care how good the food is, attitude makes a difference.

2  Thank Jeannelil
Reviewed September 8, 2013

The Atlantic Fish & Chop House is a restaurant that has it all. The menu is has an impressive variety of dishes that include the local favorites as well as some surprises like osso bucco and tuna tartar. The view from the patio overlooks the spectacular Edgartown Harbor and is definitely a must see when you are in town.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Had a very nice evening sitting in the porch area overlooking the harbor. Dinner was good, but the comfort of sitting and watching the fog settling in was amazing.