“Fabulous!”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Columbus, Ohio
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Had a super lunch there first day- Fries are wonderful and so is the tuna! Then attended a wedding reception there which was, bar-none, the most outstanding!. Appetizers - cannot say enough good about them! The little beef wellingtons were to die for! ANd the staff were beyond pleasant and accomodating!
What a memorable place!

Visited October 2012

• Thai first
Titusville, Florida, United States
“Great food!”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We dined at Atlantic for lunch and dinner. We found the food to be very good. Their tomato bisque and grilled cheese sandwich for lunch is outstanding. Plenty of food so bring a big appetite. For dinner we had the guacamole and crab dip...extremely tasty. Their local fish is very fresh and also prepared quite well. At first our waiter was a bit stuffy but he seemed to warm up to us in short order. Very good food and the price is commensurate to the fare they serve.

• Visited September 2012
Ringoes, New Jersey
“Our rude server ruined the experience!”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We ate here last year and had the lovliest of lunches and wanted to bring guests back for dinner at the Atlantic House to experience the awesomeness we experienced the first-time-around! ...BUT the rude server this time totally ruined the experience from start to finish! From the time she came to the table and asked us about 'tap or bottled water' ...once we said tap water...she checked out of our table. I totally wanted to leave at that point, but when you are bringing guests, you want to always make the best of the situation...so we stayed. (But much to my chagrin!) One of our guests has a dietary issue related to corn/seeds and when we asked if there could be a substitution made for the crabcake dinner to be positioned on something other than the roasted corn relish, she stated 'NO SUBSTITUTIONS!!!' She said that the corn relish was 'just a garnish' and never even bothered to ask the kitchen if there could be a substitution made! SO For $36.00 with the crabcakes...the corn relish is just a garnish...REALLY??? I don't think so...I had the crabcake app and the corn relish is a major component of the dish and I do not understand why some potatoes or another starch could not have been substituted...but whatever! The server obviously has an aversion to anyone that steps outside the 'boundaries' of the Atlantic House menu. Atlantic House...for your own sake...the atmosphere and views are lovely...but your staff and their attitude can kill you! Our server killed our experience. We will not return. Our bill was $280.00 for 4 people...we left only a 10% gratuity in hopes that she got the message that her service and attitude was less than acceptable.

Visited September 2012
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Host was a pompous a**”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I went to this restaurant Aug 10 alone while in town for a film festival. I travel solo quite frequently and have never encountered such arrogance. The initial issue began when I told the waiter that I planned to order 2 appetizers but since I planned to stay for the entertainment which started 2 hours after I arrived, I would like the second appetizer later. The waiter tried to bully me into allowing him to put in the order for both at the same time but I stood firm and explained that he needed to place the second order upon request. After spending a good bit of money on drinks, appetizers and dessert, the host/manager asked if there was anything else I needed about 20 mins prior to the start of the entertainment. When I explained that I was fine, he promptly asked me to leave because "it's not fair to the waiter for me to take up a table preventing him from making tips from other customers." Mind you, I had spent about $60 and left the waiter a nice tip, in spite of his insistence regarding the appetizer. If that wasn't bad enough, a woman slipped on the stairs walking out the door. Instead of the host rushing to her aid ( all he does is hold up the podium at the front entrance) He continued greeting customers. Yes, he called 911 but if the poor woman didn't have friends with her she would have been on the floor for a while as people continued about their business and stepping over her.
The next night I went to the Alchemy and sat at a table that would seat a large party. I was greeted with kindness and respect which are atributes not wasted on the staff at the Atlantic. If you're single and traveling to Martha's Vineyard, I would recommend The Alchemy. If snobs are your thing, then Atlantic is for you.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank mochajazz1
New Hampshire
“Wonderful Meal”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Lunch for 10 of us was wonderful at the Atlantic. We ordered a small Atlantic Bouquet (seafood platter) and it was so fresh and tasty. We had NE clam chowder which was huge and perfect, one order of the beef sliders- enough for three people and delicious, mussels were fantastic too! The BLT was huge and perfect for two people, difficult to get your mouth around it was so big and the huge slabs of bacon. Drinks were pricey but spot on. Perfect lunch in a great town!

• Visited September 2012