“Delicious food, beautiful view, and great service”

Atlantic Fish & Chop House
Ranked #5 of 69 Restaurants in Edgartown
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2012

This restaurant was recommended by a local so we had to try it. Stopped in for lunch without a reservation. It was busy but they were able to seat us. Despite the time and the crowd, the service was very good. Friendly waitress. Shared the lobster salad, delicious. Friend had the liver and onions and loved it. They had my favorite wine (which I often don't find ) so that was an extra surprise. And don't let me forget the location! Beautiful harbor view.
Don't miss it when you are there.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I have 2 children with food allergies. I approached the hostess desk on a fairly slow afternoon, and very politely asked the host ( male) about their accommodations for food allergies. He did not answer my question ( I specifically asked if they use Peanut oil to fry their food)- he instead said " we have a 60 minute wait" and then basically dismissed me. We put our name in and went to walk around. Then realized that he never answered my initial question, my husband went back and re-asked him, and he stated that they do use peanut oil. My husband asked him why he would have wasted an hour of our time, putting us on the wait list... he had no answer. He was extremely rude, and condescending. I strongly recommend the much less pretentious Seafood Shanty that we ended up at- they could not have been more accommodating, and pleasant. I was very happy to give them the $100+ for lunch instead of the Atlantic.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

I go to Martha's vineyard every year and never miss Atlantic Fish house for amazing seafood and great guacamole :) its always a beautiful and serene view of edgartown harbor the drinks are always delicious and I've never had a bad meal! Go here for sure when in MV

Reviewed August 5, 2012

This is our favorite place in Edgartown; A must do while visiting. The food is just fantastic (try the watermelon feta salad). Great creativity and flavor twists on dishes so familiar and new (angry shrimp). The wine list is extensive and outstanding. Service is always impeccable. Can't complain about the harbor view either.......don't miss a lunch, dinner , or late night drink here.

Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

One hour plus wait for a table, no res accepted and $25 to park your car
A real rip for the summer crowd
Will die a rapid death after labor day