“Pricey, but nice”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We loved the Watermellon and Feta Salad, but the Tomato and Onion salad was a very expensive disappointment. My Cod was amazing, and the Filet Au Poivre was just ok. Not exceptional. We did like the location, atmosphere and staff. But it was VERY pricey for what we got.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Atlantic is a stunning, huge white summer house that is reminiscent of an elegant steamship inside with beautiful dark wood and crisp white tablecloths. We arrived for lunch and asked for outside seating. Luckily they could accommodate us but I would highly recommend making reservations.

Outside is definitely less formal looking and more relaxed with long low couches and pretty garden furniture. It was 1pm and we were on vacation, wine was absolutely in order. I always feel such a guilty pleasure when I drink in the afternoon, but I love it.

The menu is classic seafood and steak and something for everyone’s palate from salads to burgers to large entrees. We noticed a huge mortar bowl of guacamole drift passed to another table and without even opening the menus we knew we wanted to at least start with it. We were right to do so. This is a guacamole extraordinaire. Piled ridiculously high with just ripened, nicely spiced avocadoes, mixed through with flaky sweet crab and resting on a salad. The chips are salted to perfection and more than morish. We greedily eat the whole bowl.
I was all about eating a little healthier after my over-indulgence of guacamole so decided on the Shrimp and Tuna Salad. As far as salads go, this could not have been fresher, crisper and tastier and drizzled with the just the right amount of citrus dressing that tanged the shrimp just right… scrumptious.

My dining companions ordered different dishes and everyone was happy with their choices. Lots of mmmm’s around the table. I may have to try the Lobster Roll next time.

After a healthy salad what could be better than dessert and even better Shakes and Cookies. Served in old fashioned school milk bottles, the shakes could have been a little colder and with more strawberry and vanilla flavor. The chocolate chip cookies absolutely made up for it... soft, sweet and just plain good.

The weather was our friend, the company was of course fabulous, the restaurant and the service made for a perfect, sun-filled, long and leisurely lunch (with wine). Could anything be better?

Well, I believe Atlantic is quite the restaurant in the evenings with even more good looking people, live music and a fun vibe. There is just nothing else I can do except go back and soon to MV!

Reviewed June 20, 2012

Loved this place - the food and the setting are great. And if you chose carefully its very reasonable. The lobster salad is fab

Reviewed June 17, 2012

This restaurant is apparently the scene in Edgartown. Call this place the McCormick and Schmiks of Martha's Vineyard. The joint was jumping and we would strongly recommend making reservations.

Like other Edgartown restaurants, it upholds the tradition of having to charge enough during the summer to fund the rest of the year...though it is my understanding this is just a seasonal business.

The food were dined on was fresh and delicious. The chowder was great. We recommend lunch as it provides for a great harbor view and the luncheon menu appears to offer a few less pricey choices than the dinner menu.

1  Thank TraveljohnsonJ
Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

Went there for dinner last night, our server had a attitude like he was above us, sorry your not god. When our meal came, my girlfriends food was under cooked chicken, and my medium rare steak was well done, I told our prince of a server that we were unhappy with our meal, with a look of disgust, he got the manager. He came over and I told him about our food, and he stop me in mid sentence, " what would you like me to do"
Well for starters don't talk down to your customers, but maybe apologize and send our meal back. But, nope he just wanted to comp our drinks. I'm sorry, my steak is 50, my girlfriends in 46, just remake our meal. I don't see the problem with that, since most restaurants don't have a problem doing that.
Apparently it's a problem at the atlantic.
Save your money, there's plenty of places on the island to go where they like your business.

1  Thank Scottmill75