We just got back from staying at the Victorian Inn during our first trip to Edgartown. It was early in the season so not many travelers on the streets and some stores were not open yet. We felt like we had the place to ourselves and everyone was still very relaxed. We had fantastic weather and loved our cozy room on the second floor at the front of the building. There were five large windows looking out on the street such that we felt we were in a treehouse but we could close the shutters and draw the heavy drapes when we wanted privacy. Llovely antiques fill the inn and we had the feeling we were visiting our rich, old Colonial Dame aunt. Everything was spotless and the innkeeper, Stephen, was very warm and professional. He's a good storyteller and full of island lore. His wife made us spectacular breakfasts, the raspberry butter is not to be missed! Our bed was very comfortable with great pillows and extra blankets for the cool nights. There is no television, so if you are a Red Sox fan you have to listen on the radio in the room or hightail it up to David Ryan's about a block away for a seat at the bar to watch the game. We read each night while we sipped the brandy(?) thoughtfully provided by the hosts in our room. On nice days, guests can sit in a little courtyard behind the inn to read or just enjoy the birds. You can't beat this place for it's location in the heart of Edgartown and just a block off the harbor. The surrounding neighborhood is full of classic early colonial homes with sweet little gardens and many wonderful architectural details. A very nice walking and swimming beach is located 15 minutes by foot north of the inn and it's easy to get around on buses. Yes, we paid a pretty penny for our room but it was worth it. I would recommend The Victorian Inn for couples without kids who just want to slow down, relax and reconnect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely renovated for a grand re-opening for the 2016 season... Unwind and soak in an island vibe at The Christopher (formerly The Victorian), a fully remodeled 15-room boutique Edgartown hotel. A back courtyard features both sunny and shady spots to lounge and enjoy our BYOB mixer bar. Guest rooms feature plush beds and modern amenities, such as USB ports and Apple TV. Some rooms feature private balconies. Edgartown Harbor, the shops and galleries of Main and Water streets, and world-class restaurants are just outside the front door. Chic yet unpretentious. Luxe yet welcoming. You can't help but relax and enjoy yourself amidst the stylishly laid-back design! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Christopher reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victorian Hotel Edgartown
- The Christopher Edgartown, MA - Martha's Vineyard