“Edgartown Commons is great!”
Review of Edgartown Commons

Edgartown Commons
Reviewed June 19, 2009

After reading a few of these less than stellar reviews, I was somewhat dubious about our upcoming stay at Edgartown Commons. My fears were 100% unfounded. Our apartment was AWESOME. We had a spacious 2 bedroom unit with a huge living room, 1.5 baths, a good-sized kitchen and a dining area with a table for 6. Sliding doors opened up to a back patio with a picnic table and a nice-sized yard. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, the pool was great and the location is perfect. It wasn't luxurious but we knew we didn't book the Ritz. As soon as we arrived, we began planning our next stay. I would recommend Edgartown Commons to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DH1017

Reviewed August 27, 2008

I read the reviews too, but notice how old they are, someone took this place in hand and made it fresh and inviting. , For the money it was my best choice. Was I pleasantly surpised, the room was clean, the people were pleasant. Yes there is no air, which is true of about 80% of the island rooms, for a couple of hundred more a night you can get air. We tend to travel in June and Sept, and we were cool not hot.
There is no daily maid service, which is something we dnt' hae at home either. For us Edgartown is the only place to stay and the llocation is perfect. We are world traelers so use to the kind of accomodatins we get in Europe.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2008

Several of us stayed at the Edgartown Commons for a few days this summer. I had read a few negative reviews but was pleasantly surprised when we arrived. Although the rooms were not entirely modern and the bathrooms were old, they were comfortable and cottage-like. We enjoyed having the kitchen and living room area and the location of the hotel couldn't have been better. We would all definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 26, 2008

We had read some "iffy" reviews on Trip Advisor, so we were a little nervous, but we were SO pleased with our stay. True, there's no maid service, but guess what - I don't have daily maid service at home either, so it was no biggie. The suite was perfect for our family; we were able to put our kids to sleep in our room so that we could visit out in the living room, then we just moved them when we were ready to go to bed. There were plenty of other families there, so we didn't feel guilty when our kids made noise, (as kids do.) We had plenty of kitchen supplies (utensils, dishes, appliances) and bed/bath linens. We walked to the main part of town with our young children and it wasn't more than they could handle. It was the perfect mix of bed-and-breakfast hospitality and hotel anonymity. We'd definitely return for another visit.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2008

We have been traveling to the Vineyard for the past 14 years.We love the Vineyard and although there are many great locations we like staying in Edgartown.Pre children we stayed at a different hotel in Edgartown which was also very nice ,but not as kids friendly as the Edgartown Commons. They have hotel rooms ,effeciencies and small cottages as well as a swimming pool ,grills to barbecue and a small playground . The Commons are located right on the top of Main Street. It is very close to the bus lines and high speed ferrys and is easily acsessible to the entire island.The management is very friendly and very helpful. Although there are no air conditioners in the rooms it has never been a problem for us ,at night a natural breeze blows threw the Commons and we almost always wake up under the covers. . We have been there in June/July/August and our only complaint is when it is time to come home. The Edgartown Commons is the Vineyard place to be!!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed May 25, 2007

The Commons provides simple and rustic accommodation in a fine location. The friendly staff and the nice children’s play area along with the reasonable rates, make this setting a good bet if you choose to be on a budget.

Stayed: May 2007
Reviewed August 6, 2006

I'm shocked to see that some travelers actually liked this place. I guess they don't travel very often. Let me begin my complaints. First of all the rooms don't have air condition. I guess this isn't a problem if you plan to stay during winter. In lieu of AC the rooms have fans that are very old, dirty and are missing parts. The Management does not provide maid service. The furniture is old and dilapidated, it makes me wonder if the owner of the hotel raids frat houses for their furniture. If you happen to stay on the first floor you will have no privacy because you will have to keep the windows open to stay somewhat cool. The windows shades are cheap and flimsy and provide no real privacy. It would be very easy for a thief to break into a first floor room because most guess leave the windows open to keep the rooms cool. Thankfully, MV doesn't have crime problem because if it did the Edgartown Commons would surely be a target.
I know some readers will think I'm being overly critical of the Edgartown Commons, but if the complaints I listed combined with unresponsive management doesn't bother you I Suggest you stay at the EC. I left the EC after one night.

Stayed: July 2006
3  Thank thedudorino
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edgartown
Clarion Inn Martha's Vineyard
#2 of 10 in Edgartown
Island Inn
Island Inn
#7 of 15 in Oak Bluffs

Been to Edgartown Commons? Share your experiences!